To all of my gym rats!!

Options

Replies

• jtraska594
    jtraska594 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can have the conversation and have before but if I keep asking he will get annoyed and mad. Never really know what to ask when I do talk to him and sometimes when I do have the conversation I come out as if I am accusing and assuming something
    Dude. You've answered your own question. You don't trust him, and/or he wouldn't tell you the truth. Relationship=broken.
    jemhh wrote: »
    jtraska594 wrote: »
    I will definitely be asking him one of these days this week. Just don't know how comfortable I will feel doing it. He also usually works out with a friend or two when he is at the gym. Could that be what takes a lot of time or still doesn't matter ?

Have you ever met or seen someone who looks like the rock and works out for THAT long?
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I have a lot of reasons behind what I am doing. I have trust issues because of things that happened in this relationship. Never had such bad trust issues with a man.

PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Look, if you think something is wrong to the point where you're asking a bunch of internet strangers whether something seems wrong, there's probably something wrong.

Either way, it's obvious that you don't trust him, either because he is not worthy of your trust or because you're not in a space mentally where you're able to trust people.

Why would you want to be with someone you don't trust?

Trust issues. Well you more likely have the answer already.

It hurts me to say this, but I'm afraid he is both a gym rat...and a love rat. :'(
    Can you suggest to go and work out with him one evening out of the blue. Lets see him sustain a four hour workout then with you watching him whilst do a little light cardio. :)

If you cannot have this conversation you have no business considering marriage and children with him.

• jtraska594
    Options
    Talking about 2013 rock . He looks exactly like that maybe A LITTLE bit smaller

Have you ever met or seen someone who looks like the rock and works out for THAT long?
    I have a lot of reasons behind what I am doing. I have trust issues because of things that happened in this relationship. Never had such bad trust issues with a man.

Look, if you think something is wrong to the point where you're asking a bunch of internet strangers whether something seems wrong, there's probably something wrong.

Either way, it's obvious that you don't trust him, either because he is not worthy of your trust or because you're not in a space mentally where you're able to trust people.

It hurts me to say this, but I'm afraid he is both a gym rat...and a love rat. :'(

You know the rock took steroids so which verison we talking 90s the rock or roided up the rock?

TheRock.jpg
    ANd newer roided up rock
    rock.jpg

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP you seems lost on what is takes to achieve a nice physique. It does not take 4 hours sessions 4 days a week.
  • jtraska594
    Options
    Lol steroids def have a little to do with it but he doesn't take as much as your thinking. Just once a week and no more. Ppl who shoot 7 days a week are abusing it even 5 days a week is too much. Some people shoot 7 days a week and cannot get as big as the rock. Genetics have a lot to do with it too and so does how hard you work. But yeah they are pretty amazing lol
  • yopeeps025
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lol steroids def have a little to do with it but he doesn't take as much as your thinking. Just once a week and no more. Ppl who shoot 7 days a week are abusing it even 5 days a week is too much. Some people shoot 7 days a week and cannot get as big as the rock. Genetics have a lot to do with it too and so does how hard you work. But yeah they are pretty amazing lol

You bf takes steroids. LOL is this a joke thread now. Now you definitely already have the answer even before starting the thread.

to comment on yes I have a friend who is a natural lifter that most people think he takes steroids because he is stronger than a lot of folks and looks that way. It took him over a decade of natural lifting to get to where he is now.

Steroids is cheating. Please don't comment about your bf putting in work and juicing while he does.
  • jtraska594
    Options

Thank you so much for your reply. I do deserve the best, he has broken my trust but like a lot of things, this could all b a misunderstanding including my lack of trust. Haven't gotten enough proof or dirt on him to say he has lied throughout the relationship. Although I do feel like I have enough. My mother and others tell me I do not have enough evidence to accuse him of anything. I sometimes do things that seem suspicious but really am doing what I need to do. Just such a confusing situation.

OP, please stop doing this to yourself. This dude has already broken your trust, and you know if you ask him about it, he'll lie to you.

You deserve better than that.

• jtraska594
    Options
    Exactly what I am confused about. Let me also include he works out with a friend or 2 and is trying to get "bigger"

OP you seems lost on what is takes to achieve a nice physique. It does not take 4 hours sessions 4 days a week.

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I can have the conversation and have before but if I keep asking he will get annoyed and mad. Never really know what to ask when I do talk to him and sometimes when I do have the conversation I come out as if I am accusing and assuming something
    Dude. You've answered your own question. You don't trust him, and/or he wouldn't tell you the truth. Relationship=broken.
    I will definitely be asking him one of these days this week. Just don't know how comfortable I will feel doing it. He also usually works out with a friend or two when he is at the gym. Could that be what takes a lot of time or still doesn't matter ?

Can you suggest to go and work out with him one evening out of the blue. Lets see him sustain a four hour workout then with you watching him whilst do a little light cardio. :)

If you cannot have this conversation you have no business considering marriage and children with him.

If you don't trust him to the point where on a SERIOUS discussion, one that affects you and your peace of mind in the relationship, you think he'll lie to you, or get mad if you ask, then sorry, it's a bad relationship.

You CAN be at the gym for 4 hours. But if you WANT to be at home with your girlfriend, you WON'T be. Period.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply. I do deserve the best, he has broken my trust but like a lot of things, this could all b a misunderstanding including my lack of trust. Haven't gotten enough proof or dirt on him to say he has lied throughout the relationship. Although I do feel like I have enough. My mother and others tell me I do not have enough evidence to accuse him of anything. I sometimes do things that seem suspicious but really am doing what I need to do. Just such a confusing situation.

OP, please stop doing this to yourself. This dude has already broken your trust, and you know if you ask him about it, he'll lie to you.

You deserve better than that.

But for real... is it even worth the stress? If you spend all your time with that sick feeling in your stomach because you're pretty sure he's up to no good, worrying about where he's at and what he's doing... is that how you want to live?

Because I've been there, and it is a terrible way to go through life. I think if you cut this guy loose, you won't regret it.
  • jtraska594
    Options

I don't think you've been educated enough about steroids. Steroids may be cheating IN A WAY. BUT that doesn't mean people on steroids sit on their butts and just let the steroids do all the magic. You could take as many steroids as you want and not workout at all, I promise you will hardly gain anything. Those huge body builders are all on steroids and you can try to take twice the amount of the steroids they take and I will also promise you, you will never get that big or strong especially if you do not put the work in AND do not have the genes. I know many people who are on steroids (because of my boyfriend) who have been working out on steroids for almost 4 years and are still not close to being as big as my boyfriend or the rock or any body builder. Watch bigger faster stronger documentary. You'll learn a lot more than you May think you know now.

You bf takes steroids. LOL is this a joke thread now. Now you definitely already have the answer even before starting the thread.

to comment on yes I have a friend who is a natural lifter that most people think he takes steroids because he is stronger than a lot of folks and looks that way. It took him over a decade of natural lifting to get to where he is now.

Steroids is cheating. Please don't comment about your bf putting in work and juicing while he does.

• yopeeps025
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't think you've been educated enough about steroids. Steroids may be cheating IN A WAY. BUT that doesn't mean people on steroids sit on their butts and just let the steroids do all the magic. You could take as many steroids as you want and not workout at all, I promise you will hardly gain anything. Those huge body builders are all on steroids and you can try to take twice the amount of the steroids they take and I will also promise you, you will never get that big or strong especially if you do not put the work in AND do not have the genes. I know many people who are on steroids (because of my boyfriend) who have been working out on steroids for almost 4 years and are still not close to being as big as my boyfriend or the rock or any body builder. Watch bigger faster stronger documentary. You'll learn a lot more than you May think you know now.

I pretty sure my steroid education is more than you think that why I can judge them because I know whats happens. I will continue to judge them poorly too because I know how much less work it takes than a natural lifter.

That where you are wrong by you thinking that I think you can gain muscle mass sitting on the couch taking steroids. That not the kind of work I am talking about. There is diet work which is way more than you think for a natural lifter to get a body builder type of body along with maximum time under tension. I have been weight training for close to a decade. You really think you know more about lifting than what I might have already experience?
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    Steroids is cheating "in a way." Kind of like getting a beej in the backroom from a girl at the gym is cheating "in a way..."
  • jtraska594
    Options

That is true. And the only reason I'm doing this now and still having a discussion is because I'm in a really tough situation right now. Yesterday was the first time I ever posted about my relationship. Never felt the need. Always thought it could be a coincidence or just not something to worry too much about because I never see him talking to girls or texting isn't afraid to leave his phone laying around when he's not around. Left his phone home once when he was at the gym and knew just didn't bother to go back and take it. He also spends most of his time with me, the only thing he really does is go to the gym mon-thur for 4 hours. If he misses the gym one of those days he will make up for it on Friday maybe sometimes sat or Sunday. Like I said earlier some of my family members or friends tell me I do not have enough proof to accuse him and to not say anything until something really comes out. So just really need some advice from other people who can maybe tell me how this situation sounds. There is a lot more to it from the past that has led me to think this. (Not that he has cheated or atleast I know of any cheating) but it is along those lines.

If you don't trust him to the point where on a SERIOUS discussion, one that affects you and your peace of mind in the relationship, you think he'll lie to you, or get mad if you ask, then sorry, it's a bad relationship.

You CAN be at the gym for 4 hours. But if you WANT to be at home with your girlfriend, you WON'T be. Period.

• 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I know you are looking for a man's advice, but why not tour the gym and see what the atmosphere is like? Some gyms are equipment only where I would think 4 hours is extreme. But some gyms have pools, fitness classes, a juice bar where people sit and talk, etc. He may workout for two hours and shoot the you know what for two more. If you are suspecting foul behavior tell him you'd like to join with him and check out his reaction.
  • jtraska594
    Options
    He would not want me to join, he already once mentioned that he wants to get me a membership at an ALL woman's gym. Which can sometimes be understandable. Don't know if it is because he that one of the only time away from me or if he is out doing something else or if he doesn't want to be constantly worrying about me and making sure other guys are not hitting on me.

I know you are looking for a man's advice, but why not tour the gym and see what the atmosphere is like? Some gyms are equipment only where I would think 4 hours is extreme. But some gyms have pools, fitness classes, a juice bar where people sit and talk, etc. He may workout for two hours and shoot the you know what for two more. If you are suspecting foul behavior tell him you'd like to join with him and check out his reaction.

• PeachyPlum
    Options
    He would not want me to join, he already once mentioned that he wants to get me a membership at an ALL woman's gym. Which can sometimes be understandable. Don't know if it is because he that one of the only time away from me or if he is out doing something else or if he doesn't want to be constantly worrying about me and making sure other guys are not hitting on me.

Why does this dude get to tell you what gym to sign up for? He sounds like a controlling *kitten*.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    It is fitness related because all I really want to know is, is it really possible to workout for 4 hours 4 days a week for a man? a man who really lifts and has a "the rock" body type and figure and is almost as big as someone like the rock. Thought putting it in the fitness section would guarantee some good responses and advice from real body builders who do not compete

That could be it but that's not my main concern since he comes home from work usually really early and stays home until he goes to the gym. I'm more worried about that he may be doing something on the side before or after his "workout" that I would not be okay with.

SonyaCele wrote: »
    i can easily put in 2-2.5 hours doing my program. If im chatting with friends between sets it can run into 3 hours. I spend longer at the gym when i don't wanna go home. Give him a reason to wanna come home.

So then what is the point of your thread? You think he's doing something other than working out. How is this fitness related? Maybe post it in the chit chat area?

of course its possible, but is it LIKELY, especially for a non competitive athlete? no.

I don't know how old you are. you could be paranoid (often happens with younger people), or your gut could be right. call a friend and ask them to take a drive with you to the gym and see if his car is there. turn a gps program on your phone and hide your phone in his car (dont forget to turn the ringer off) and see if the car goes anywhere else.

but you really need to talk to HIM. if you cant trust and communicate with each other, your future is very bleak, regardless of what his current actions are.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this guy cheats in the gym so who knows where his relationship morals are! I'm just messing about, he probably just has all the energy in the world, recovers quick and can afford to bang out rep after rep so four hours is what it takes. As somebody said, he might be in "the Juice bar" afterwards. ;) . I say level with him and ask him straight out. Then you will know "What the Rocks Cooking"!!! etc.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I pretty sure my steroid education is more than you think that why I can judge them because I know whats happens. I will continue to judge them poorly too because I know how much less work it takes than a natural lifter.

That where you are wrong by you thinking that I think you can gain muscle mass sitting on the couch taking steroids. That not the kind of work I am talking about. There is diet work which is way more than you think for a natural lifter to get a body builder type of body along with maximum time under tension. I have been weight training for close to a decade. You really think you know more about lifting than what I might have already experience?

I don't think you know what you are talking about.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Yeah, this guy cheats in the gym so who knows where his relationship morals are! I'm just messing about, he probably just has all the energy in the world, recovers quick and can afford to bang out rep after rep so four hours is what it takes. As somebody said, he might be in "the Juice bar" afterwards. ;) . I say level with him and ask him straight out. Then you will know "What the Rocks Cooking"!!! etc.

You ain't know. Steroids is not cheating but why have so many federation banned it from a lot of things seeing how its not cheating.