Gastric Sleeve - Need more pals who have had surgery.

Replies

• lachezenglish
    lachezenglish Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I just started the three month supervised weight loss phase and hope to get the sleeve procedure done in October 2015. I am excited I found this thread because I have been reading all of your stories and they have been motivating and helpful! Please feel free to add me...I need all the support that I can find!!!
  • Rachel_susannah15
    Rachel_susannah15 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm 6 months out tomorrow, and it has been a journey! It is worth it, but I'm still seeking help and support as i adjust to routines and lifestyle changes- especially where strength training and lose skin are concerned. :smile:
  • fourtywater
    fourtywater Posts: 2 Member
    Ive had the sleeve procedure on 05/07. Ive lost 38 lbs since. I like this transition. I would like to be added to this.
  • GabyR87
    GabyR87 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi guys, I had my sleeve done on May 26th. Would love to add some new friends for support. As of today I've lost 20 lbs since the surgery.
  • dawnmichelle33
    dawnmichelle33 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm amazed at how many people have had this sleeve thing done. I had a full roux-en-y gastric bypass done in 2002. 13 years later I've managed to keep over 100 lbs off but am still struggling each day to lose the almost 100 lbs more I should lose. That being said, I am thrilled that they have come up with much less invasive and drastic surgeries than the one I had and it's great that there are now so many more people to have around that understand what you're going through. It's definitely worth it, and keep up the support!
  • jschwarz51871
    jschwarz51871 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 7 wks post GS, down 44#'s....loving it! How about you all.
    nildalyn wrote: »
    Hey! I did mines on April 1 (Gastric Sleeve) and so far I have lost 51lbs... So how is it going to you so far?

• terrygbarber
    terrygbarber Posts: 1 Member
    Hey, I had VSG on 6th December 2014. Down 142 lbs so far. Only just started using MFP so I can make sure I'm getting enough protein etc.
  • willowclaire
    willowclaire Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! Feel free to add me. I left mfp, but I am back and would love more friends. My sleeve was 11/06/14. I've lost 118lbs from HW of 417. I struggle mostly with bread and sugar, but I'm trying to stay on track.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Welcome, all.
  • herecomesthesun99
    herecomesthesun99 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, all! I am a sleever too. I am approaching my six-month sleeve-iversary. :) I've lost 68 lbs so far. I'm so excited to see the folks who are a year or more out and have achieved their goals. Can't wait to get there!

Is anyone else a FitBit user? I'd love to add some FitBit friends. Maybe we can do some weekly group challenges or something to encourage each other to get those steps in! I'm at https://www.fitbit.com/user/38LC4X.
  • HannahEYR
    HannahEYR Posts: 4 Member
    Hello there,
    I was sleeved on March 24, 2015. I've lost about 35 pounds so far but I'm having trouble staying on-track. I hope we can all motivate each other.

I have a Fitbit too. My email is hyabrove@lps.k12.co.us
  • HannahEYR
    Hi everyone,
    I was sleeved on March 24, 2015. I am down around 35 pounds.
    I need help getting motivated to work out!
  • HannahEYR
    Hi, all! I am a sleever too. I am approaching my six-month sleeve-iversary. :) I've lost 68 lbs so far. I'm so excited to see the folks who are a year or more out and have achieved their goals. Can't wait to get there!

Is anyone else a FitBit user? I'd love to add some FitBit friends. Maybe we can do some weekly group challenges or something to encourage each other to get those steps in! I'm at https://www.fitbit.com/user/38LC4X.

Add me! My email to invite me is hyabrove@lps.k12.co.us
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    cfedk wrote: »
    LisaFit4Me wrote: »
    Now My Fitness Pal says I can have up to 1650 calories per day but that seems a bit high to me.. I'd like to be under 1000. We'll see how my first week goes and take it from there. Is there a group for VSGers here? I'm happy to meet you all and wish you the best success in your weight loss journey

I know nothing about the treatment you've all had, but you really should confirm from a medical professional if you're going to go under 1500 calories.

That's what the sleeve is for, you are limited to what you can eat after the surgery. You are basically eating to enough for nutrition. So 1600 calories would actually be a lot.
  • tinaleigh0327
    tinaleigh0327 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me as a friend. I will be having the gastric sleeve with in a month. Just waiting for insurance to approve.
  • micp3020
    micp3020 Posts: 2 Member
    had the vsg on the 10th and am down 29lbs as of today.
  • vlg_nurse_1979
    vlg_nurse_1979 Posts: 9 Member
    i wanna follow bcuz ive been thinking about it but my united healthcare wont cover. :-(
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    I was sleeved on 12/9/14 and have lost 104 pounds so far. I LOVE MY SMALL STOMACH!!!

Despite complications (I have a rare autoimmune disease and had flareups post-surgery and trouble with surgery wounds healing), I would do it again in a heartbeat.

My advice to newbies and those considering: make sure you get the therapy you need! Half the battle is mental.
    K.
  • HannahEYR
    micp3020 wrote: »
    had the vsg on the 10th and am down 29lbs as of today.

Way to go!
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    I had the VSG on June 18, 2015 after over six years of waiting, saving, and trying to get approval. Gained 11 pounds in water weight post surgery! Finally took a diuretic last night and lost 6 pounds overnight! Have had a Fitbit since December. Would be happy to have a few VSG friends to have challenges against/with!