Gastric Sleeve - Need more pals who have had surgery.

Options
Hi Everyone. I am looking for more MFP buddies who have had Bariatric Surgery. I am 2 weeks post op (Gastric Sleeve). Would be great to compare notes as we move through this journey to improve our health and get an stay active! Hit me up if you'd like to connect.
Karen :)

Replies

• nildalyn
    nildalyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I did mines on April 1 (Gastric Sleeve) and so far I have lost 51lbs... So how is it going to you so far?
  • llemar97
    llemar97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am considering this or the Adjustable Gastric Band. I am also interested in hearing about your experiences.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm approaching my first year anniversary for my gastric bypass. I'm a different person today.

Here's a group link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • jblon83
    jblon83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    llemar97 wrote: »
    I am considering this or the Adjustable Gastric Band. I am also interested in hearing about your experiences.

• jblon83
    jblon83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery Jan. 8th. I've lost 67 lbs so far. Feeling great! I had a gastric sleeve. I'm @ the 6 month point. I started zumba classes and I'm in love. I started losing again after starting the classes 3x a week.

B)

• rsb0807
    rsb0807 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 6months supervised weight loss program and they submitted the request to United Healthcare for my surgery. So hopefully soon I will have the gastric sleeve done.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Way to go, all of you!
  • LisaFit4Me
    LisaFit4Me Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery April 6th 2015. I need all the support I can get as I feel craving slowly creeping back. I downloaded this app so I could have better control over what I eat and have some accountability. I feel like my weight loss has already slowed. I want to exercise but I'm hindered by Achilles tendinitis in one foot that has me limping and in pain. Hoping for shockwave therapy soon to get rid of the bone spurs causing the problem (insurance won't cover it.. It's pay out of pocket or have open surgery which I'm not willing to do right now!). Now My Fitness Pal says I can have up to 1650 calories per day but that seems a bit high to me.. I'd like to be under 1000. We'll see how my first week goes and take it from there. Is there a group for VSGers here? I'm happy to meet you all and wish you the best success in your weight loss journey
  • smarmyschoolmarm
    smarmyschoolmarm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of being sleeved. I have done the seminar, saw the surgeon who said I was an ideal candidate, have my first appointment with the nutritionist and have nearly everything scheduled. I could have it as soon as late September. I didn't expect it to all happen so soon, so am freaking out a little bit. I'll send a friend request to all of you. Thanks!
  • smarmyschoolmarm
    smarmyschoolmarm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    llemar97, I did a lot of research before deciding on the vertical sleeve. The lapband is being phased out because it isn't as effective as other methods and can slip and/or cause erosion. My surgeon said he is doing more and more revisions from band to RNY all the time and many surgeons no longer offer them at all. Go to a seminar with a surgeon you think you may want to deal with and ask lots of questions.
  • cfedk
    cfedk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LisaFit4Me wrote: »
    Now My Fitness Pal says I can have up to 1650 calories per day but that seems a bit high to me.. I'd like to be under 1000. We'll see how my first week goes and take it from there. Is there a group for VSGers here? I'm happy to meet you all and wish you the best success in your weight loss journey

I know nothing about the treatment you've all had, but you really should confirm from a medical professional if you're going to go under 1500 calories.
  • lynne129
    lynne129 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had VSG on 5/21/15!
  • okremix
    okremix Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I had VGS on 5/30 so I'm working on post-op week 2! Friend me and I'll open my diary. It's a little crazy now bc nothing taste right but you know...
  • ebutrick
    ebutrick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of being approved for VSG. I will continue to use mfp to track food!
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had VSG done on 05/11/2015 - I've lost 32lbs since surgery.. 55 since the start of my program...and I'm down 132 from my highest weight. I'd love more bariatric friends on MFP.. Please feel free to add me :)
    Kristen
  • 621jpm
    621jpm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!! Sleeved April 9th! Thank God I found this thread!!! :):):)
  • MichelleMCRNP
    MichelleMCRNP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lynne129 wrote: »
    I had VSG on 5/21/15!

I also had VSG on 5/21/15.
  • stajohn24
    stajohn24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had my VSG on 5/18/15. Just about a month out!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    So many newbies. You must be getting sick of liquid food just around now!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 1/13/15. I'm at 6mo and have lost over 80lbs since I started the whole process. I wouldn't change anything!! I'm currently training for a 10K in August. I'm loving my new self!! Feel free to add me! :)