Help! I can not eat less than 1500 calories a day!

Options
124»

Replies

• Gulen28
    Gulen28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU so much all of you. Now I feel great. It all makes sense. Thank you!!!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Gulen28 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    hearthwood wrote: »
    I don't know if you're male or female, but most the women on this board are set at 1200 calories a day and are doing fine with that. You can adjust your setting to lose 1 pound a week, and that may up your calories?

You know at first, we all get hungry. Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid that. The good news is after a few weeks your stomach will shrink, and your brain will change to accommodate your new calorie intake where you rarely get hungry at 1300 calories. My fix for hunger pangs was a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter. I am at goal weight now, and believe me I went through a lot of peanut butter over the last two years. I still eat peanut butter for lunch.

Just stick with it and you'll get there.

Uh, nope.

I'm not a penut butter fan and can't imagine eat it every day and fitting it into my daily calorie goal. I rather eat more broccoli and tomatoes, both of which I can never get enough of. BUT, thank you for offering it, because as others also said I think I need to include some nuts for good fats in my diet. So I will include them in moderation.

Oh sorry, my objection was to the idea that "most" women here just eat 1200 - sorry for not being clear. Lots of women eat much more than that, and it seems you can too, given your loss for the cals consumed.

I'm glad things make sense now :) Good luck!
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I took bikram for a while. What helped me feel better during and after class is making sure I drank something with a little electrolytes and carbs. I started making my own drink with sea salt, lemon, and agave nectar. Of I drank plain water I would feel nauseous and dizzy.
  • Gulen28
    Options
    sthoms2 wrote: »
    I took bikram for a while. What helped me feel better during and after class is making sure I drank something with a little electrolytes and carbs. I started making my own drink with sea salt, lemon, and agave nectar. Of I drank plain water I would feel nauseous and dizzy.

I thought about making my own drink too, but then found this electrolyte tablets that dissolve in water and always take that after class. But after cutting calories it wasn't enough, so now I add a little protein snack 4 hours before class. It seems to be working...

I will try your agave nectar drink recipe. Sounds great. Thank you.
  • vinbar1
    vinbar1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal in the morning will hold you for a very long time. I also try to have higher protein meals. I will split low fat string cheese into 3 pieces and wrap each in a thin slice of low fat sandwich meat (about 170 cal) , 1 hard boiled egg on 5 saltines (about 140 cal), 2 cans of tuna 5 saltines (about 240 cal) These are just quick things to throw together. you can always eat a can of green beans for 70 cal Thats a lot of food. Hope this helps.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like to plan out my day meals in advance. Snacking is usually the thing that kills me, as is drinking calories. Next time you go shopping try to switch out some foods for lower cal options. Milk for almond milk, regular yogurt for greek or other low cal stuff.... Read your labels. And I would recommend working your way down to 1300 if your not used to calorie deficits. Set your goal 200 or so lower every week so you can find out what works for *you* to be able to meet your goal
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    As others have said, since you're losing 1.5 lbs/week at 1500 calories, don't sweat it. You ain't got a thing to feel guilty about.

Every body's different. The recommendations here are based on averages.

As someone who has shrunk from 5-7.5 to 5-6, I'd say your 15-pound goal is reasonable.

For whatever it may be worth, I'm 63, trying for 150 myself, have stayed under 1200 net for several weeks, and ain't hardly lost a thing, in spite of adding enough exercise to bring my calorie total to about 1600 a day.

So just figure you have a higher metabolism than I do, and enjoy the heck out of those extra 300 calories. Savor each and every one of them. :-D
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nkbaar wrote: »
    I like to plan out my day meals in advance. Snacking is usually the thing that kills me, as is drinking calories. Next time you go shopping try to switch out some foods for lower cal options. Milk for almond milk, regular yogurt for greek or other low cal stuff.... Read your labels. And I would recommend working your way down to 1300 if your not used to calorie deficits. Set your goal 200 or so lower every week so you can find out what works for *you* to be able to meet your goal
    if she is losing on 1500 why would she go down to 1300? if she is losing at the calories she is consuming then she is fine where she is at. not to mention she said she cant eat less than 1500 or she goes over,what will eating at 1300 do for her that isnt working already at 1500? besides creating a bigger deficit?

• hrhboo
    hrhboo Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    To put things into perspective, eating 1300 vs. 1500 calories a day doesn't have a very large impact on the rate of weight loss. You are looking at a difference of only around 1.7 lbs per month.
  • Gulen28
    Options
    I had 1309 healthy high protein calories today, I did my hot yoga and am not feeling good after yoga again. Very weak during and after class. My yoga teacher, who is not a dietician but a personal trainer, told me with my activity level (which is just moderate at my job and 4-5 times yoga a week), I have to eat 2500 calories a day just to maintain my weight!!! Here's a new shock!! She told me to cut 500 to lose weight and eat 2000 a day. I don't think I will do that. But I continue to feel weak during exercise. Maybe this low carb thing is not for me...
  • Gulen28
    Options
    Well it will be all clear in time I think. I just need time to see how my body is responding. No need to freak out, as I did in the beginning. Several of you said I need to listen to my body. In a month or so I think I will have a clearer idea about what my body is telling me...

THANK YOU all.... I'm really grateful for all the help and support.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Gulen - have you talked to your doctor about your diet and feeling poorly after yoga? That seems a reasonable step to me.