• SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    because some people just dont like their food to have flavor i guess

hahaha... This :bigsmile:
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    For most people whole eggs WILL NOT raise bad cholesterol.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I eat like 6-10 eggs daily. That is simply too many cals and fat for so little protein. 600 cals for 10 and a ton of fat. I usually have like 1 to 2 yolks and the rest are whites.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this same question this morning before eating some eggs for breakfast. I was even thinking, after breakfast, I would come make a post. You beat me to it! It's nice to see all the answers.

I'll stick with my whole egg =P And toss in some egg whites, too.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hate yellow. I wont eat bananas either.

You hate... yellow? Lol why?
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Save some calories.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the yolk or you die! Here's proof: http://iknewyouwereagoatwhenyouwalkedin.com/
  • shruti90
    shruti90 Posts: 8
    Options
    Eat your yolk !
    1) The fat is good for you . It will keep you satisfied and control binges.
    2) Good sources of Chromium , biotin , omega 3 .
    3) Egg white alone contains a protein called avidin which will make you deficit in biotin ( hair fall , dry flaky skin ). Yolk will make up for that.
    4) Dietary saturated fat is not responsible for raised cholesterol levels. ( Miracle fat - coconut oil )

My suggestion would be eating it whole and not processing it by separating the whites and yellows ! Nature has created it that way .
  • BarbraP44
    BarbraP44 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Chock-full of protein, eggs are a quick and easy way to get protein any time of the day. From omelets in the morning to quiche at night, you may be shying away from the yolks to save calories and cholesterol. The yolk may contain all the fat, but it also contains most of the vitamins and nutrients.

The yolks are where it's at if you're looking to up your intake of vitamins A, B12, and D, as well as your daily calcium, folate, and omega-3s. If it's cholesterol you're worried about, the recommended limit is about 300 mg a day. That means you could enjoy an egg a day if you wanted to, but it's important to be mindful about how much meat, cheese, and other dairy products you eat during the rest of the day.

The egg white contains half of the protein found in the entire egg, according to the Egg Nutrition Center. Egg yolks belong to a select group of foods that contain natural Vitamin D.