Cigarette/smoking debate

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You can say that and I know its "common knowledge" but honestly if you really look into it the research is pretty limited and definitely not conclusive my gramps would be the first to tell you that. Anyways to change the topic what do you guys like to do for fun
    Beat up on trolls. ;)

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    in for future laughs
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I feel like if you smoke and bike or run on the tredmill it cancels out so to speak...you will sweat out the toxins and oxygens to inhale fresh clean (sometimes stinky LOL) gym air. Thoughts? Or am I off the wagon this time haha

You've been off the wagon this whole time, especially this time. Your body doesn't 'sweat out' toxins. No amount of exercise can cancel out lung cancer.
  • LegendOfBlake
    LegendOfBlake Posts: 36 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Vaping is better
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't like smoking. I'm allergic to the smoke, so it makes it hard for me to breathe. It's always weird and a little upsetting for me to go somewhere and have to deal with the smoke, especially if it's somewhere you wouldn't expect there to be smoking.

Cigarettes are crazy unhealthy, and I get a bit irritated (okay, a lot irritated) when someone who smokes or is in the process of smoking hates on someone who is overweight because they aren't as healthy as they could be. Um...you know you're smoking, right.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    hmm it's not friday without somebody going Full Retard
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I feel like if you smoke and bike or run on the tredmill it cancels out so to speak...you will sweat out the toxins and oxygens to inhale fresh clean (sometimes stinky LOL) gym air. Thoughts? Or am I off the wagon this time haha
    You used the word toxins generically, not listing any specific one. Your point is invalid and you have no expertise. Please stop.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    There's no debate. Smoking cigarettes negatively affects your health. Period. There's no argument to be made. You show me a 100-year-old guy that smokes two packs a day and is still going strong with no health issues and I'll show you a hundred snokers that are suffering from things like lung cancer, mouth cancer, stomach cancer, emphysema, heart disease, strokes, etc. One healthy person that smokes does not mean smoking is suddenly not unhealthy. There's absolutely nothing "limited" about the research, so get your head out of the sand. It's a well-established fact that smoking is harmful. It's your choice if you want to smoke, but you're not helping yourself by being in such denial about what it's doing to your body.
  • MarziPanda95
    Options
    I don't like smoking. I'm allergic to the smoke, so it makes it hard for me to breathe. It's always weird and a little upsetting for me to go somewhere and have to deal with the smoke, especially if it's somewhere you wouldn't expect there to be smoking.

Cigarettes are crazy unhealthy, and I get a bit irritated (okay, a lot irritated) when someone who smokes or is in the process of smoking hates on someone who is overweight because they aren't as healthy as they could be. Um...you know you're smoking, right.

I hear the human body can pass up to 1 cigarette worth or toxins per hour

Whoever told you that is wrong.

• JustJewels18
    JustJewels18 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    it's disgusting, I hate it :(
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    legalize marijuana
    smoking cigarettes is gross
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Again with the generalizations. Let's try to keep this civil. And honestly i smoke but not as much as a lot of people, some days I don't even do a whole pack, I hear the human body can pass up to 1 cigarette worth or toxins per hour

You clearly have no clue what you are smoking.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I know a guy who smoked for 6 months while he was dating this skank. They broke up and BAM! Herpes...
  • MarziPanda95
    Options
    There's no debate. Smoking cigarettes negatively affects your health. Period. There's no argument to be made. You show me a 100-year-old guy that smokes two packs a day and is still going strong with no health issues and I'll show you a hundred snokers that are suffering from things like lung cancer, mouth cancer, stomach cancer, emphysema, heart disease, strokes, etc. One healthy person that smokes does not mean smoking is suddenly not unhealthy. There's absolutely nothing "limited" about the research, so get your head out of the sand. It's a well-established fact that smoking is harmful. It's your choice if you want to smoke, but you're not helping yourself by being in such denial about what it's doing to your body.

Thank you for your input but its defensive tone undermines the points your attempting to make, just constructive critisism like you gave me :)

Just because someone's tone might not be what you want... doesn't mean they aren't right. Because she is right.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Smoking is super unhealthy. I can only imagine what I would do with the money that goes toward a PAD or more smokers. My father-in-law recently quit after smoking for about 30 years... His reasoning: he wants a boat and the money saved from the cigarettes can cover a monthly boat payment! Winning!
  • 50ShadesOfAwkward
    50ShadesOfAwkward Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    face-palm.gif

I just. Don't play with the trolls.

use-your-brain-gif.gif
This discussion has been closed.