Gut Balance Revolution

Options
13»

Replies

• theutahdesertfox
    theutahdesertfox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    pds06 wrote: »
    I think it's a healthier eating plan. Boosts your metabolism. There is a book. I never heard of it before and was wonderind if I missed something or if anyone knows anything about it?

Nope, right there is your clue that it's a gimmicky plan.

Exactly.

Know what else boosts your metabolism? Standing up. Eating. Sitting down. Sleeping. Not eating. Walking. Getting a coffee. Checking the mail. Naps.

Gotta love those marketing terms.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of books : sales pitch and a slither of truth. I mention Candida below as the book you are asking about recommends a diet that would make this situation worse, not better! It may be a gut revolution, but more like a coup for the bad guys to party even harder! Snake Oil. Handle with care!

The "bad" bacteria in our gut are called Candida. They can be too many of them relative to the "good" gut bacteria. Especially true if we consume antibiotics or have stomach illnesses. The candida sound like party animals-they love sugar and consume the energy before it has a chance to get to our blood (assuming too many). Thus fatigue. Probiotics are used to repopulate the gut and a very low sugar diet and low carbs (no fruit, no grains, no beans) but can eat lots of leafy greens and protein and fat to help restore the balance. Surprising the check list of symptoms that are associated with Candida.

You do realise that candida is actually not a bacteria but a yeast and naturally occurs on or in the human body. Candida overgrowth can cause a lot of problems but would really only happen in immunocompromised people or with high antibiotic use, immunocompromised in the sense that a bacterial infection has already taken hold somewhere in the body, probiotics will help when taking antibiotics.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    In response to this, science does not know everything yet, but science has overwhelming evidence that suggest that gut microbes affect allergies, yeast infections, immunity, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and my personal favorite, depression and anxiety.
    That's really cool. So you wouldn't mind helping the rest of us out by posting links/citations to:

a study showing within a 95% window of confidence that gut microbes affect allergies.
    a study showing within a 95% window of confidence that gut microbes affect yeast infections.
    a study showing within a 95% window of confidence that gut microbes affect immunity
    a study showing within a 95% window of confidence that gut microbes affect lupus
    a study showing within a 95% window of confidence that gut microbes affect rheumatoid arthritis
    a study showing within a 95% window of confidence that gut microbes affect depression and anxiety
    Crickets.
    Not even just 1 study? C'mon... you said there is "overwhelming evidence". Show us some.
    Here, I'll help.
    Here's a good place to find health-related studies which have been published in peer-reviewed journals.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    snake oil!! Why congress goes after Dr. Oz and not the rest of these bafooms is beyond me.. Hey Medical License board take this guys license he has clearly deviated from medical protocol..
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    get

You do realise that candida is actually not a bacteria but a yeast and naturally occurs on or in the human body. Candida overgrowth can cause a lot of problems but would really only happen in immunocompromised people or with high antibiotic use, immunocompromised in the sense that a bacterial infection has already taken hold somewhere in the body, probiotics will help when taking antibiotics.

Yes now realise it is a yeast. Thanks for the correction.Just a language issue of good guys n bad guy biotics did have me confused.

Disagree with your overarching statement on who Candida could impact. Sounds like a reasonable generalisation, however given my experience, perhaps too general. Which could put people off getting help. I don't fit your 2 options but I have responded amazingly well to treatment. Maybe you could add years in India with more than a few doses of "Delhi Belly" to your generalisation