To Carb or not to Carb (for weightloss)

Options
124»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Carb restriction has its place per Dr. Thomas Seyfried in preventing cancer but that overall calorie restriction is required and may be even more important than the carb restriction that he discusses in his 2012 book, Cancer as a Metabolic Disease.

Seyfried writes:

“There is no drug therapy that I am aware of that can target as many proinflammatory mechanisms in the microenvironment as can DER (dietary energy restriction). I think real progress in tumor management will be achieved once patients and the oncology community come to recognize this fact.”

Source: diagnosisdiet.com/dietary-treatment-of-cancer/

This is actually a short 4 part review of Dr. Seyfried 400 page textbook by Dr. Ede in lay terms that most of us can better understand.

Cutting carbs seems to be only very one factor to gaining better health through diet. Cutting calories all sources may apply to more people than just cutting carbs may impact on general weight loss.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @melissalatzel25 You clearly haven't read the thread. No one anywhere said carbs are the enemy. Please market your program on your own thread. thank you.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    CARB UP !!!!!

guys please carbs aren't the enemy its perfect human food , freelee the banana girl eats 3000 cals of carbs a day (and many other super fit thin high carb vegans)

heres like to her boyfriends channel of a video on what she eats, please explore her channel and other HCLF vegans :D the lifestyle is amazingggg

<link snipped>

What does this have to do with the OP? She presented data sets comparing weight loss to carb intake on a calorie restricted diet, and concluded that it was the calorie deficit, not carb intake, that impacted her weight loss. She never said carbs were bad, so I'm not sure what you're crusading against here.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If humans are designed to eat carbs don't go against nature- thats why people think they need to restrict and have weight issues. eat as nature intended and lots of it and you'll lose weight and have so full energy! carb the *kitten* up :)

True, as well as protein and fat. But they've also evolved for maximum survivability which means by nature they can eat all macronutrients at any ratio depending on their environment and personal preferences.

On the topic: I also reduced my blood sugar dramatically just by losing weight and eating moderate carbs (around 150-250). Tried low carbing and it was outright harmful for me because of my preferences.
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    @melissalatzel25 You clearly haven't read the thread. No one anywhere said carbs are the enemy. Please market your program on your own thread. thank you.

Sure but you dont have to be rude about it :( sorry if i saw the word carbs and got excited about showing something new to most people