What foods have no carbs and sugar?

Options
13»

Replies

• _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well carbohydrates are sugars so... complex carbs are good for you! They are slowly digested so they provide energy for longer periods of time. Any of the things you may be thinking of, white eice, white bread, muffins, cake, pasta. All those are high in simple carbohydrates which means it will be converted to sugar very quickly.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    _emma_78 wrote: »
    Well carbohydrates are sugars so... complex carbs are good for you! They are slowly digested so they provide energy for longer periods of time. Any of the things you may be thinking of, white eice, white bread, muffins, cake, pasta. All those are high in simple carbohydrates which means it will be converted to sugar very quickly.

The things you listed are complex carbs (though muffins and cake probably also contain some simple carbohyrdrate as well)

Starches are complex carbs. Sugars are simple carbs. Processing doesn't change that.
  • TexOkie12
    TexOkie12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pork Skins. No carbs, no sugar. Good snack while your friends are putting away the potato & corn chips.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Substituting complex carbs is beneficial, but the rest has been outlined. I initially really cut my carbs and then realized I did not have to. I just try to make better carb choices. Whole wheat pasta and bread in limited quantities. I do not restrict vegetables - but I don't eat as many as I should.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Someone here is inspired by Freelee... That's all I'm going to say.

homer.gif
    that idiot freelee promotes eating nothing but high carbs(fruit out the wazoo) and mainly raw eating(some veggies and only cooking one meal a day),she also puts down people who dont follow her lifestyle and those that eat meat,are low carbers,etc etc

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    OP why are you low carbing if you don't know what has carbs and what doesn't?

Maybe you should re-assess where you're at right now.

homer.gif
    that idiot freelee promotes eating nothing but high carbs(fruit out the wazoo) and mainly raw eating(some veggies and only cooking one meal a day),she also puts down people who dont follow her lifestyle and those that eat meat,are low carbers,etc etc

Don't bring up freelee because you'll open a tin of worms in the forums :D
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I have a husband who desperately needs to reduce his carbs and asks me all the time what is a carb and what is not.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

homer.gif

homer.gif

I didnt someone else did I just explained what the idiot promoted which has nothing to do with what the OP posted

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options

homer.gif

Don't you mean tin of bananas?
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    chadr74 wrote: »
    eat natural plant based and these problems won't exist and you'll never have to restrict carbs, carbs are everything i wish more people knew this :(

That is a fact! Everyone should understand the importance of carbs! Low carb diets are very unhealthy!

Not true.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Eggs have no sugar nor do many hard cheeses. 20% fat beef mince is cheap and carb free.