Hard work but no weight lost?

13»

Replies

• Shandajh
    Shandajh Posts: 57 Member
    Everybody, I was the person who posted earlier that she was going for an unhealthy BMI of 17.2. It's more like 17.4, so I was a little off, but not that it makes a big difference for this point, but I wanted to get back on here and apologize to Ms. naomibashala for my whole misunderstanding about the world of models and their BMI. I was really curious, so i did some research and found that 55kg is United States equivalent of 121 pounds and we do have plenty of models that are that height and weight. In fact, this linke below is stating that the weight she's going for is actually at the heaviest desirable weight for a model of her age and height: http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_weight_for_an_18-year-old_5'10''_model - so, yes, the BMI calculators do all say it's a so-called "unhealthy" BMI range to be in, but not sure where they're getting this "unhealthy" idea from. If it were so unhealthy, then you'd see a lot of thin supermodels with health problems and I'm not seeing it as much as you see health problems that come from being on the heavier side of the unhealthy range of BMI. She's not going for an anorexic look, which - yeah, anorexia causes health problems - she's only going for a runway model look. Anyway, naomibashala, again, I'm sorry for posting before researching further and I wish you success in your goals.
  • Shandajh
    Shandajh Posts: 57 Member
    I mispelled "linke" i know it's link. Anyway, as for whether her goals are too aggressive or not, I wasn't commenting on an opinion one way or the other on that topic, because I haven't done any further research into that.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Shandajh wrote: »
    Everybody, I was the person who posted earlier that she was going for an unhealthy BMI of 17.2. It's more like 17.4, so I was a little off, but not that it makes a big difference for this point, but I wanted to get back on here and apologize to Ms. naomibashala for my whole misunderstanding about the world of models and their BMI. I was really curious, so i did some research and found that 55kg is United States equivalent of 121 pounds and we do have plenty of models that are that height and weight. In fact, this linke below is stating that the weight she's going for is actually at the heaviest desirable weight for a model of her age and height: http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_weight_for_an_18-year-old_5'10''_model - so, yes, the BMI calculators do all say it's a so-called "unhealthy" BMI range to be in, but not sure where they're getting this "unhealthy" idea from. If it were so unhealthy, then you'd see a lot of thin supermodels with health problems and I'm not seeing it as much as you see health problems that come from being on the heavier side of the unhealthy range of BMI. She's not going for an anorexic look, which - yeah, anorexia causes health problems - she's only going for a runway model look. Anyway, naomibashala, again, I'm sorry for posting before researching further and I wish you success in your goals.

So you're wishing her success in reaching her unhealthy goal and simultaneously claiming that the modeling world does not have well more than its fair share of disordered related health issues? Am I understanding you right?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hate to break it to you...but most fashion models do have terrible health problems due to the stress of maintaining extremely low body weights.

Heck, most FITNESS models have unhealthily low body fats at photo shoot time....
  • naomibashala
    naomibashala Posts: 48 Member

So you're wishing her success in reaching her unhealthy goal and simultaneously claiming that the modeling world does not have well more than its fair share of disordered related health issues? Am I understanding you right?

@brianpperkins don't be rude.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    You didn't tell us if you were weighing your food accurately (eg grams instead of cups)

I weigh mine in grams then convert it to cups... Mwahahahahaha
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member

@brianpperkins don't be rude.

That wasn't rude. That was asking her to clarify her statements which appeared to support unhealthy behaviors while using a segment of society which has a high rate of disordered eating as justification.

Have you changed your goals or are you still seeking an unhealthy weight and drastically underweight BMI?

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    NECRO THREAD

MUWHAHA