Water

Options
I am horrible at drinking water. Prefer diet coke. What's the secret? Do you just guzzle and move on with your life? Let me know.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it don't drink it. Life's too short to eat/drink things you don't like. Just make sure you drink enough to stay hydrated.
  • LarsEnnerberg
    LarsEnnerberg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thank you!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Go ahead and drink diet Coke... but don't ignore drinking water, you do need to hydrate. I try to aim for the 64 oz/day... but that doesn't really happen. But I must admit I do drink more water than I used to. :drinker:
  • LarsEnnerberg
    Options
    Thank you.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I add lemon slices and drink chilled. Cucumber and mint leaves too is another flavour I like. Flavour is what makes me drink more.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Diet coke is like 99% water, you'll be fine.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its not water , its fluids you need for hydration. In the gym water is king for me and its where I drink most of my fluids, but outside then anything be it a diet drink, milk, tea, coffee etc. Your main aim is to keep hydrated. Dont fret and just keep the colour of your urine the shade of light straw or lighter.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Seltzer. It's the only way I can get it in me since I gave up soda lol
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I didn't like to drink water at one point, I found getting a 2L bottle and filling it up and drinking it throughout the day helped me be more hydrated.

Now I just drink it whenever, mostly with every meal.

You could try those flavour additives for water?
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've just got used to it. Still only have a few glasses a day. I too like lemon juice in it. Trying to stay off fizzy drinks. Feel better without them. Only have one now if out with friends or BBQ etc.
  • LarsEnnerberg
    Options
    I actually never thought about spicing up my water with lemon. Great idea! Thanks!
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just got a pitcher as a wedding gift that has a removable tube in the center. You can fill it with fruits, veggies, etc to infuse the water. Right now I have blueberries and cucumber in if. Also can be used to make iced tea and coffees!
  • StarvingAuthor
    StarvingAuthor Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I actually never thought about spicing up my water with lemon. Great idea! Thanks!

Put a little sweetener/sugar/stevia/whatever in that bad boy and you'll be all set! :P
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I add a few frozen rasberries to filtered water, let it sit about 30 mins. I like it bc it's natural, no added sugar. If you dont mind the taste of a watered down sugarless fruit. Lol.
    I'm also a fan of low sodium lemon/lime club soda. Its fizzy, hint of flavour. And it mixes well with Green Apple Smirnoff vodka. Tastes like a green apple Jolly Rancher hard candy.
  • StarvingAuthor
    StarvingAuthor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I add a few frozen rasberries to filtered water, let it sit about 30 mins. I like it bc it's natural, no added sugar. If you dont mind the taste of a watered down sugarless fruit. Lol.
    I'm also a fan of low sodium lemon/lime club soda. Its fizzy, hint of flavour. And it mixes well with Green Apple Smirnoff vodka.

I don't even drink and that sounds delicious.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I bring a gallon of water to work, sit it on my desk, grab a cup and a straw, then sip all day. Weekends are a bit trickier...
  • bhealthy1516
    bhealthy1516 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love water, but not in the mood for it sometimes. I love crystal light, and dice up a piece of lemon and put in the bottle with the crystal light and water. I believe some water is important for health not just weight. Try it very cold maybe, that's the way I like it.
  • druorleans
    druorleans Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You might try La Croix water. I like the lime over ice with a splash of lime juice. http://www.lacroixwater.com/
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Do you like gum. I drink a lot more at work when I am chewing gum
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I've made a sort of game out of it before. I can't remember what I was doing at work, but it was a repetitive task.. for the sake of clarity let's say I was looking up addresses and addressing envelopes. Well every time I finished one I took a drink of water. I suppose that's not really a game, but it took away the am I thirsty/do I want this factor, and I just drank automatically.