Which cereal do you eat in the AM if you eat cereal?

Options

Replies

• RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean and Quaker Crunchy Corn Bran, with berries and/or bananas. I love my cereal!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    i eat Alf's brand Puffed Brown Rice Cereal. Check my diary :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I eat Multi-grain cheerios. I compared the two boxes (these vs the honey nut) and found that the multigrain was a healthier choice.

I add All-bran "bran buds" over top - I like the crunch, and it's an easy way to get more fibre.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I eat Cheerios with my kids. =)
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein Plus... so good with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk :)
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Special K with a banana.
  • picantecreative
    picantecreative Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean Crunch. Surprisingly awesome.
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Kellogs Smart Start Original Antioxidants!
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Shreddies or Weetabix for me.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I like Special K protein plus (tastes like raisin bran but there's no raisins in the cereal) 100 calories for 3/4 of a cup
    Indigo Morning from Kashi, I think this has the BEST corn "flakes" they are not overly processed, taste great, there are blueberries and blackberries in this so if you don't like those, skip it. 100 calories for 3/4 of a cup
    If money is tight or I can't make up my mind, plain store bran Corn flakes (I find Safeway's to be the most flavorful) are a good choice for me. 100 calories for a WHOLE cup.
    And I also like to get Malt-o-meal's Crispy Rice, it's 100 calories for 1 cup too.

Hot cereals, I like farina (malt-o-meal or cream of wheat is what people know it as) or oatmeal, both plain with a little milk, butter, and brown sugar.
  • belle0226
    belle0226 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat either one of the special k cereals or honey nut cheerios.
  • hazel240
    hazel240 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Plain, old Cheerios! 100 calories for a whole cup (which is a decent amount since some of the serving sizes for cereals are 3/4 cup). Plus 1/2 cup of skim milk, 45 calories.

I prefer strawberries when I add fruit to my cereal - bananas are good, but also calorie bombs! :(
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi cereals and Cascadian Farms. Right now I have Kashi Island Vanilla wheat biscuits, Cinnamon Harvest wheat biscuits, and Cascadian Farms chocolate O's.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me does not exceed 250 calories almost ever, so I try to make it count. I eat multi-grain cheerios sometimes, regular bran cereal, or plain (not frosted) flakes. I can't stomach the new frosted cheerios, but the peanut butter ones are delicious. Other times I have eggs, oatmeal, cottage cheese/pineapple, skinny bagel w/fruit....that kind of thing. If you like oatmeal, I've found that it is definitely the most filling.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Post Shredded wheat with a Tblsp of organic peanut butter, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, blueberries or half a large banana, or strawberries, or blackberries or a mixture. Sometimes I add Greek yogurt or a side of egg whites. If I want a little more sugar and flavor, I add a tsp of honey. The cereal itself has zero sugar. So most of the sugar is natural from the fruits.

If not that, I love Special K Vanilla Almond cereal with almond milk, cinnamon, fruit and egg whites or Greek yogurt or multigrain Cherrios.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The only box cereal I eat is Kashi Go Lean. It tastes great and is pretty nutritious for cereal (13g protein, 10g of fiber and only 6g of sugar per 1 cup). I usually add some fresh blueberries and sliced almonds for extra crunch and this keeps me full until lunch.
    I used to eat that. The original, right? It has the lowest amount of sugar of any cereal. I've given up cereal because of the high sugar content. I consider them equal to candy bars.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    The only box cereal I eat is Kashi Go Lean. It tastes great and is pretty nutritious for cereal (13g protein, 10g of fiber and only 6g of sugar per 1 cup). I usually add some fresh blueberries and sliced almonds for extra crunch and this keeps me full until lunch.
    I used to eat that. The original, right? It has the lowest amount of sugar of any cereal. I've given up cereal because of the high sugar content. I consider them equal to candy bars.

Equal to candy bars? Seriously?
  • sophie1999dav
    sophie1999dav Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat ASDA's own cereal. It's called 'Vitality Red Fruits' Its greats and its got its own fruit in too :)
  • Kimber415
    Kimber415 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have read every ceral box out there. I was told by a doctor that if any of the 1st 4 ingredients were sugar you should not eat it. The only one I found was Shredded Wheat so I eat the Shredeed Wheat and Bran. Not only is sugar not listed in the 1st four ingredients but it's not in the box at all. Look at all the cereals including the ones that claim they are healthy and you will find sugar as one of the 1st four ingredients. Not with Shedded Wheat and Bran though. It's also good to put in a baggy for on the road or at work if you get hungry, it's a crunchy snack. I'm just starting, just finished week 1 and lost 7.4 so guess I did something right my first week. Now onto week 2. Goal of close to 60 pounds I need to loose. Good luck!
  • Colleencrbe
    Options
    Puffins multigrain. Yummy. Only 110 calories.