LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I
    blue736 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    hnaquin280 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why does everyone equate clean eating with abs?

When I say clean eating I just mean I've cut out processed foods and eat more fruits and vegetables and make all of my dinners from scratch. I've noticed a huge difference in my body after starting that. I don't do any crazy detoxes or anything, just eating better.

You can still eat processed foods or junk food and get abs. Some people find it easier to stick to a calorie deficit by limiting those, but you could still include them.

Yes this is true ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE VISIBLE ABBS IN THE FIRST PLACE. If a person has no Abbs then your advise is 10000% wrong.. If u want Abbs drop the carbs.

I have never been on a low carb diet. I have abs. I have never been overweight. I eat mostly low fat, and have done so for decades (out of taste preference, not because I hate fat). And thinking back on when I looked leaner and with more defined muscles, I was basically following an "eat carbs, wash them down with beer" diet.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    In before blue736 gives away the one secret trick to having an eight pack instead of six pack because it isn't genetic.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for about 5 months and have lost 35 pounds and hit my goal weight. I'm now focusing on maintaining and strengthening. Overall, I think I've lost a significant amount of weight, but my midsection still bothers me. I eat clean, do all kinds of abdominal excercises that are not just sit ups and crunches, and I do cardio 45 minutes a day 5 days a week. I'm just not seeing any progress in my midsection. I'm not going for a ripped 6 pack, I'd just like to tighten up and tone and see some definition and not flabby lower belly fat ): is this a problem for anyone else?

To get a flat stomach an Abbs all depends on only one thing drop yr carbs simple.. And carry on training when I want shaper Abbs I drop my carbs very low sometimes no carbs up my protein and fats.. That's the only way.then u can maintain how u want to look.

LOL complete and total bro science..

I know plenty of people that are shredded and eat carbs...

Bad grammar and bro-science go hand in hand.
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Hi! I've been on MFP for about 5 months and have lost 35 pounds and hit my goal weight. I'm now focusing on maintaining and strengthening. Overall, I think I've lost a significant amount of weight, but my midsection still bothers me. I eat clean, do all kinds of abdominal excercises that are not just sit ups and crunches, and I do cardio 45 minutes a day 5 days a week. I'm just not seeing any progress in my midsection. I'm not going for a ripped 6 pack, I'd just like to tighten up and tone and see some definition and not flabby lower belly fat ): is this a problem for anyone else?

To get a flat stomach an Abbs all depends on only one thing drop yr carbs simple.. And carry on training when I want shaper Abbs I drop my carbs very low sometimes no carbs up my protein and fats.. That's the only way.then u can maintain how u want to look.

LOL complete and total bro science..

I know plenty of people that are shredded and eat carbs...

Bad grammar and bro-science go hand in hand.
    Also the inability to spell abs.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    There is always this route
    2tdf9aoza8z6.png
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options

When I say clean eating I just mean I've cut out processed foods and eat more fruits and vegetables and make all of my dinners from scratch. I've noticed a huge difference in my body after starting that. I don't do any crazy detoxes or anything, just eating better.

You can still eat processed foods or junk food and get abs. Some people find it easier to stick to a calorie deficit by limiting those, but you could still include them.

Yes this is true ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE VISIBLE ABBS IN THE FIRST PLACE. If a person has no Abbs then your advise is 10000% wrong.. If u want Abbs drop the carbs.

Dropping carbs to super low amounts doesnt produce visible abs. EVERYONE has a six pack but you dont see it on most of us due to body fat % being too high. Thats all it is. Calorie deficits and low body fat are the key to abs. Lean mass through weight lifting is another big contributor. Thats it.

For those of us like me that lost a LOT of weight.... we are stuck with excess !@#$%^ skin down there that will never go away without surgery or whatever. So unfair. I busted my *kitten* to get here and Im nice and lean now except that useless, flabby skin on my lower belly. Pisses me off :(

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Bahahahahaha!!!!!! Funniest thing I read all day. Thanks for the laugh bro.

Back to following the words of usmcmp
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights.