Under 100 calorie breakfast ideas

Options
124»

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite little pre breakfast, pre shower/post workout snacks I have is two corn thins topped with half a scoop of chocolate protein mixed with water to make a paste and some sprinkles on top :D. Pretty much spot on 100 calories
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You could pre make a one egg or all egg white omelets with spinach or veggies in bulk to microwave and run out the door with. I used to do this all the time when I ran in the early mornings and needed something quick and small.

I eat a veggie omelet every morning but with 2 whole eggs...is tht bad? I thought it was more protein tht way?
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I had cottage cheese that comes with a little bit of blueberry jam? They make other flavors too. 100 cals
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/quiche-cupcakes/

Two "cupcakes" for 80 calories, and they're make ahead friendly.

Have you made these? I want to try them, but I find the recipe confusing. Do you use a mini muffin tin? If so, how do you have room for a whole slice of ham and the mixture to make up one muffin? After reading the comments and responses, it sounds like she uses a mini muffin tin because she said you can also use a standard 6 cup muffin tin to make larger servings but she uses a 12 cup muffin tin. Anyway, I'm not sure how that would work in mini muffin tins. The comments there are really old (from 2013) so I didn't figure I would get a response there, so I thought I'd ask you. Thanks. :)

Yep, I've made them quite a few times. You use lean deli sliced ham and stick one into each muffin tin. It fits just fine, then you pour the mixture in and bake. It's a regular muffin size, not mini. I know I have two pans - one has 12 and the other 6, and a mini muffin pan typically has 24.

Thank you. :) I have everything but the spinach. I'm going to get some and try them out.
  • StuDuza
    StuDuza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll eat a 90 calorie granola bar and cup of coffee. Fiber one has awesome brownies to and they are also 90 calories!
  • In2mece
    In2mece Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup almond milk, Tablespoon of chia seed, 2 teaspoon cocoa powder and a splash of vanilla. Put in little jar and shake. Put in fridge. Drink on the way to work.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    How about a nice cup of WHAT'S THE POINT.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking for a snack, which is all 100 cal is, people already made some good suggestions:
    yogurt, fruit, hard-boiled egg.
    For a few more calories (about 300), toast with peanut butter & a glass of skim milk. Has protein, fat, & fiber,
    all of which will help keep you un-hungry for a while. It's portable too.

Things you can pack the night before for break/lunch (whatever you call your midmorning nosh at work):
    yogurt,
    fruit,
    hard-boiled egg,
    hummus & baby carrots (or other sliced veggies),
    sandwich (whole-wheat bread, mayo, mustard, cheese, sliced meat),
    a variety of salads (I like couscous with diced veggies + chickpeas; today I had tortellini with veggies & diced
    chicken; could also pack one big tupperware of salad and other containers of toppings),
    brown rice & baked salmon, with a side of veggies (I like broccoli),
    soup (either homemade or a quality low-sodium canned)

Just plan ahead a bit. You don't want to be trying to think of something to have for breakfast _and_ something
    to pack for lunch while you're running around late in the morning, hungry, distracted, etc.