Meal Replacement Shakes/Smoothies Success Stories&Tips

Options
13»

Replies

• mcr0980
    mcr0980 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people are all up in this girl's schedule, she sounds busy improving herself all around. I also don't know why it's bad to drink nutrition, because it can help shrink your stomach, stave off hunger and provide essential nutrients.
    I do a smoothie everyday for breakfast. I can mix it up in minutes and bring it with me to work.
    I use: Flax seed, Hemp seed, Chia Seed and Vitamineral Green Powder Ver. 5.2 and a banana. I just use water. It doesn't taste like vomit and it keeps me full (at least 12 g Fiber).
    If I want to up the protein I add homemade almond milk (not strained) or silken tofu (flavorless).

Thanks for the support! Haha I guess everyone has different opinions on the matter and that's okay! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it!
  • elcollins24
    elcollins24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have all the time in the world for cooking but i genuinely love having a smoothie for breakfast. I used to be really bad for skipping breakfast or just having a coffee, but i'm so motivated to have my smoothie.
    Recently i'm experimenting with all different types of milk (whole vs almond vs lite vs soy) - wholes my favourite taste wise so far.
    Ive started adding lsc and cacao too, just to try.
    I'm making the most of all the fresh seasonal fruit in my area and i swear its helped with my skin!
    I dont really see it as wasting calories on a meal or a meal replacement. It just is a meal in its own right...one thats drinkable.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Why does every thread on shakes turn into a condescending lecture on the virtues of "whole food"? Look, we get it. Some of you think shakes are the debil. Can we get past that and focus on the OP's question?
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    A lot of people hate on meal replacements. I personally use them when I need them (for time, or they also help me digestively be happy lol) and it is usually only 3-5 meals a week at most. I use the VegaOne chocolate powder *blended* with banana and almond milk (I need the banana otherwise the taste isn't as great, but banana makes it magically amazing). It has all three macros, vitamins, minerals, and servings of vegetables.