Vegan, Gluten Free, Organic, and Ethcial...

Options
2»

Replies

• Kelsea1218
    Options
    A couple of great books to read are Skinny B*tch (forget the author...) and then The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. Both include recipe ideas and have motivational stories to keep you on track and help you understand why going vegetarian or vegan is a good choice.
    I haven't eaten meat since I was 8 years old. There are so many brands of "fake meat" available that it makes it easier-but beware-most meat eaters do not think they are a decent substitute so don't go into it thinking it will taste that way. A good one is Quorn-the have a roast that is a substitute for turkey that I crave all year!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Gluten free here. Not by choice so to speak. I have celiac.
    However just because its gluten free doesnt mean its good for you. In fact alot of GF food is so filled with more crap. Also alot of vegan foods I cant eat. They tend to use alot of "fillers" which tend to be wheat by products.
    If I could I would LOVE to eat the right way. But as a 2 person working household in a city its just not happening. I cant keep up with the day to day stuff. There are great groups around here that find farms for food and meat but most are stay at home moms or flexible working moms and meet up during the week to collect eggs, or produce or chickens etc etc.. I have to order my groceries on line most of the time. I do buy organic when it comes to dairy. However I dont eat or drink alot of dairy.