• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    DIM SUM SON
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    I'm going to a Chinese Buffet tonight and plan to eat 3000 cals lol. Chinese is full of sodium so don't be scared if you weigh yourself over the next few days and the scale is high. Drink plenty of water and it will soon regulate itself back to normal.

HELL YES, this is me. Go big or go home right?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    DIM SUM SON

+800000000987
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Skip anything fried. Everything else is reasonable low cal. :) The sauces have lots of sodium, but it's just water. :P And some have added sugar, but REALLY not that much.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that food should taste good! The 50 cals you'll be eating from the sauce? SO WORTH IT.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Thanks QMunchy! Where are you?

I'm in CT, but I've traveled through the U.S. and seen the same thing on most menus. If it's not there you can just ask for it steamed plain, sauce on the side.
    I just did a Google search for "Chinese takeout menu" and they show it. This is a random one (I don't know the spot), but you can see the perfect health dishes on the bottom. Others call it diet section, etc.
    1azgczzr5ll0.jpg
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The way its cooked and just apply some common sense. the things with most calories will be deep friend or things with heavy sauces. Your fallback is portion control. Rather than fret, jsut eat soemthing you enjoy and dont go overboard.
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Asked for steamed veggies and tofu with brown rice
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    With Chinese, the sodium is an issue, so make sure you drink plenty of water. Other than that, enjoy it, log it and move on. :)
    Just don't eat it :)

There are two people in the world lol Both have equally good points!
  • Simon99Smith
    Simon99Smith Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks QMunchy! Where are you?

I'm in CT, but I've traveled through the U.S. and seen the same thing on most menus. If it's not there you can just ask for it steamed plain, sauce on the side.
    I just did a Google search for "Chinese takeout menu" and they show it. This is a random one (I don't know the spot), but you can see the perfect health dishes on the bottom. Others call it diet section, etc.
    1azgczzr5ll0.jpg

Brilliant - thank you.