not eating enough - pregnant

Options
I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and was told to cut down carbs. However... today mfp wouldn't let me log my diary as I haven't eaten enough. And, I haven't. (As car free as I could be today...)

Aside from more protein and veg, what carbs can I eat to bulk my meals up?!

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, avocado, ice cream, ect.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    mwinters82 wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and was told to cut down carbs. However... today mfp wouldn't let me log my diary as I haven't eaten enough. And, I haven't. (As car free as I could be today...)

Do you mean what fats or what carbs
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    mwinters82 wrote: »

You are not supposed to cut total carbs (unless you had a carb-based diet), you are supposed to balance your carbs throughout the day. So, about 40-50 per meal.

To give you a typical menu (had gd in 3pregnancies) so did this for a long time:

breakfast: milk or yoghurt or cheese, plus cereal or slice of bread
    mid-morning : fruit, plus again some protein (cheese, yoghurt, eggs, ham etc)
    lunch: meat/fish/chicken etc plus small serving of rice/pasta/beans/bread plus vegetables
    mid-afternoon: same as mid-morning
    dinner: same as lunch
    before bed: milk/yoghurt/cheese

Sweet treats allowed in moderation (small servings), not at the same time as other carbs, and only if your blood measurements indicate you can handle them.