whats the grossest concoction you've ever made?

Options

Replies

• paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I put arugula in a fruit smoothie... it was horrible. I still can't figure out why I thought that was a good idea :sick:
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My mom had this recipe for chicken souffle that she'd make for all family gatherings. We all thought it was vomitous and kept trying to take her recipe and shred it. She always managed to come up with copies, though, and surprised us at the next gathering.
    Shortly after she died, my sister gave me a framed copy of the recipe for Christmas.
    One day a few years later, I was really missing Mom. I thought "Hm. Maybe it wasn't THAT bad". I thought I'd make it for my husband, surely he'd like it.

Um. Well? It looked and smelled (and tasted!) just like vomit. Just like we remembered. When I miss my Mom, I spend a little time reflecting and looking at old photos now. Never. Again. I almost threw out the iron casserole I made it in.

chickensouffle.jpg

oh my.. O___O

Hahaha, that reminds me of the Corner Gas episode where "Brent and Oscar scramble for reasons not to eat Emma's dreaded jelly salad."

Sounds like your family has a great sense of tradition plus a great sense of humor!
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    I want to know what was in the chicken souffle! PLEASE post the recipe on this thread!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Tuna and Light Mayo. Disgusting!

Regular Kraft Mayo is the only way to go. All these healthy alternatives are awful.
  • icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    Options
    raw moringa leaves puree... it knocks me off :explode:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    egg plant lasagna. Ohhh, what a waste of good ingredients. The egg plant tased like styrofoam. I only like it sauted or grilled.
  • tilliesmom9
    Options
    Collard green juice. I love to juice but that shiizzz was horrible.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I instantly shuttered when I just saw the title of the post....Mine definitely would be vanilla protein powder in high fiber maple and brown sugar oatmeal!! Eww, I am pertty sure wallpaper paste would be more appetizing!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    UV purple and zero calorie powerade.
    Ahhh freshman year....
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I didn't make it, but this happened on Top Gear once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlMLqdvHzI
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    omg protein powder mixed with water is NASTY.

Yup! I can't do it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I ate the delicious middle of an oreo and replaced it with horseradish. I froze this "oreo" for about 10 minutes. Then I fed it to my older brother.

His response was two things, a chips ahoy cookie with a dollop of sour cream on top (which he claimed was cool whip)
    and similarly, celery stick with raisins floating in a sea of mayonnaise (which he also claimed was cool whip)

Now as an adult, I rarely put condiments on anything. Even french frys I have the tiniest amount of ketchup possible (usually none). His shenanigans have cured me of the usual American addiction to condiments. :smile:
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This morning I mixed PB2 with plain chobani and truvia..
    bad idea. tasted like vomit. [...]

I did something very similar with plain yogurt and regular peanut butter. I can confirm it tastes like vomit, and it's now number one on my "grossest concoction" list.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    well when I was nice first married and very poor...lol.. I was known for making amazing casseroles.. well I thought im gonna try something new.. hardly any food in the house.. I mixed bean sprouts .. peas.. creme of mushrooms soup with beets OMG tasted like dirt! horrible horrible.. baaad.... did I say baaadd?? eeekkk
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    Love to juice and trying to figure out the bext mixes of juice and veggies that will taste great together. I jucied carrots, an apple, strawberries and blueberries. I wanted to juice a spiniach leaf into the mix, but only had kale. Heck I like it in soups so it can't be bad in juice right? OMG! It was spicy!! :sick: I had to chug it so nothing was wasted, and I am sure it was probably good for me, but I had to hold back my gag reflex and eat some berries to get the taste out of my mouth. :embarassed:
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Broiled tilapia parmesan it calls for mayo. It was so nasty and undercooked...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Never ever put the protein powder in the oatmeal and then microwave it! Just ick!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    In college as a starving student. My room mate had chili and I had top ramen. We combined the two :laugh:
    N-a-s-t-y
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many of these should start, "this one time we were high..."
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    During summers, my mother used to make all our lunches on Sunday and freeze them so we could take them with us to the beach during the week. Since she only made us tuna fish sandwiches, she thought this was a great idea, with no chance of the mayonaise then going bad and poisoning us.

She never stopped to think that frozen tuna fish oil melting into the wheat bread turns the sandwich into a brown wheat/fish sludge. Later she got the inspired idea to make the sandwiches more healthy by adding green grape halves. Yep, having frozen green marbles imbedded in brown fish sludge was a vast improvement.