whats the grossest concoction you've ever made?

Options
This morning I mixed PB2 with plain chobani and truvia..
bad idea. tasted like vomit.
Then I added cocoa powder because I thought that would make it better.. nope. even worse.
then I got a little stupid and added some sugar free jelly.. omg disgusting.
I then proceeded to put it on some fat free banana bread.

Hey what am I supposed to do when I have no food in the house!

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    A broccoli quinoa casserole. The recipe said to use cream of broccoli soup but cream of mushroom soup was on sale so I bought that. Which totally ruined it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So far, the worst is to mix protein powder and glucosamine powder in water. Eww...but at least it's over quick.
  • skinnyminitea
    Options
    omg protein powder mixed with water is NASTY.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I tried doing a breakfast salad with an egg... it didn't taste great and the textures were clashing like crazy... I'm not trying that again.
  • Damiilla
    Damiilla Posts: 66
    Options
    I had a chunk of tofu I knew wasn't going to be used, so I cut it up into cubes, covered them with a bunch of spices and stuck them in the oven. BAD idea. I'm never experimenting with food again.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt with oat bran. That *kitten* was nasty.
  • dreamyswirls
    Options
    Spicy ramen with milk..it made me want to curl up and die
  • skinnyminitea
    Options
    Spicy ramen with milk..it made me want to curl up and die

O__O
    just reading that I wanted to hurl.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I just tried to make a tomato bisque today and the milk curdled, bleck!
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I tried a vegan soup recipe that called for coconut milk and pumpkin puree. It smelled so bad I could barely get the spoon to my mouth. tasted horrible. Down the drain it went.
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    Pineapple juice mixed with ... bentonite clay powder. Yes, CLAY. It was supposed to be a good intestinal cleanser, done over the course of a few days, but one dose was so vile that I didn't go any further than that.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    This morning I mixed PB2 with plain chobani and truvia..
    bad idea. tasted like vomit.
    Then I added cocoa powder because I thought that would make it better.. nope. even worse.
    then I got a little stupid and added some sugar free jelly.. omg disgusting.
    I then proceeded to put it on some fat free banana bread.

Hey what am I supposed to do when I have no food in the house!

lol - I've done a lot of concoctions to get me to eat Greek yogurt (though, I only ever end up Chobani if there's no other options, it's my least favorite of them all) And for as much as I love PB2 and use it in tons of stuff, as well as eating it every day for breakfast, it was truly gross the time I tried to mix it into my Greek yogurt. No idea why that particular combo was so, so wrong, but it really just was. I didn't try adding anything else though, I just ate it really fast.

I can't think of my overall worst concoction, but the only recipe I've ever made that the hubby asked me not to make again was this low-calorie version of a cheeseburger pie. I didn't think it was that bad, but did agree that I should have made some modifications instead of making it totally as per the recipe.

Oh, and I had a bad yogurt experience just from a mistake. I would sometimes do Greek yogurt as a dessert by mixing in some cocoa powder, a packet of Splenda, and a just a splash of mint extract, which I'd then put in the freezer until it was just starting to freeze. But one night I accidentally poured way to much extract and it was almost painful to eat. The mint was so crazy strong I can't even describe the experience clearly.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    LOL Medifast has the nastiest stuff that they say is blueberry oatmeal- I was following the diet and the stuff was so gross I ended up adding a severe amount of hot sauce to it just to choke it down. I quit the Medifast plan shortly after ;)
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My mom had this recipe for chicken souffle that she'd make for all family gatherings. We all thought it was vomitous and kept trying to take her recipe and shred it. She always managed to come up with copies, though, and surprised us at the next gathering.
    Shortly after she died, my sister gave me a framed copy of the recipe for Christmas.
    One day a few years later, I was really missing Mom. I thought "Hm. Maybe it wasn't THAT bad". I thought I'd make it for my husband, surely he'd like it.

Um. Well? It looked and smelled (and tasted!) just like vomit. Just like we remembered. When I miss my Mom, I spend a little time reflecting and looking at old photos now. Never. Again. I almost threw out the iron casserole I made it in.

chickensouffle.jpg
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I tried a baked chinese chicken recipe from allrecipes.com and thought it would be delicious because i love oriental food. it called for sesame seed oil. i don't know what was so wrong with it, but while it was baking, i was gagging at the smell. when it pulled it out of the oven it was overwhelmingly smelly. i tried to eat it... fail. i was gagging as i was throwing it out. don't know why it was so bad but that sesame oil is some powerful stuff!
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Savory green smoothie with tomato+carrot base and lots of kale, spirulina, chlorella and kelp. Slimy dark green salty goop that made me yark it all up 20 minutes later (turns out I react that way to spirulina and chlorella anyway, but there you go).
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    okay, I wanted to make gravy. I didn't have any flour or regular milk. I used dry pancake powder (like walmart sells, just shake and add water), I then used Almond milk. Omg it smelled awful. So, to fix it, I added some vanilla extract to try and drown out the taste of the milk and then- well GROSS. Don't judge tho. I'm actually a good cook. Add my husband's weight and my own and you have proof!!!:laugh:
  • skinnyminitea
    Options
    My mom had this recipe for chicken souffle that she'd make for all family gatherings. We all thought it was vomitous and kept trying to take her recipe and shred it. She always managed to come up with copies, though, and surprised us at the next gathering.
    Shortly after she died, my sister gave me a framed copy of the recipe for Christmas.
    One day a few years later, I was really missing Mom. I thought "Hm. Maybe it wasn't THAT bad". I thought I'd make it for my husband, surely he'd like it.

Um. Well? It looked and smelled (and tasted!) just like vomit. Just like we remembered. When I miss my Mom, I spend a little time reflecting and looking at old photos now. Never. Again. I almost threw out the iron casserole I made it in.

chickensouffle.jpg

oh my.. O___O
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Nitrotech.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I did lots of food experimenting as a kid.

One time I tried to make homemade soda by mixing lemon extract, aspartame and club soda. "Vile" doesn't even begin to describe it.

One of the most disgusting experiments was mixing overcooked spinach with tomato sauce in an attempt to make Florentine. The result was a horrific brown sludge. It didn't taste bad, but it looked so horrible I could only eat it in a darkened room :laugh:

I've had quite a few bread failures too. :blushing: The worst was a loaf with 100% rye flour, which looked and tasted like concrete.