Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Has anyone used Apple cider vinegar mixed into water and sweetened with stevia before? What were your results?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I use Apple Cider vinegar in my cooking. Black beans are very tasty with it
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Makes the BEST hot bacon dressing for either spinach salad or wilted lettuce salad.

• niecyis51
    niecyis51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you have a recipe for the hot bacon dressing? I eat it at Applebees and I love it! Thanks.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i would imagine the results are a nasty concoction to drink ….
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Vinegar + stevia sounds gross. Possibly even ratchet.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I like apple cider vinegar in hot water with honey when I'm sick, it clears my sinuses and throat. It's a good salad dressing, and great in baked beans.

It does nothing for weight loss, though.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    niecyis51 wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe for the hot bacon dressing? I eat it at Applebees and I love it! Thanks.

I make it "by guess and by golly" but here is the best I can do:

8 pieces bacon
    2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon sugar

Fry up the bacon and remove from the pan, leaving the fat. Turn off the heat. Stir in the vinegar and sugar and adjust for taste. Crumble the bacon over the spinach (I usually slice up a couple of hard cooked eggs and slice some onion also) and spoon the dressing over top. Toss.

Wilted lettuce salad is similar. You use leaf lettuce from your garden and let the warm dressing wilt the lettuce a little before serving.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

number four - it can help with weight loss, really? Come on …so if I eat in a 1000 calorie surplus and drink this magical elixir I will not gain weight?????
  • EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It helps you flush out water retention, that's pretty much the only 'weight loss' benefit you'll ever get from it.

Good for keeping the kidney stones away, if you've had a history of developing those.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used Apple cider vinegar mixed into water and sweetened with stevia before? What were your results?

Had to look it up since I never heard of it before, it's another way to drink more vinegar for it's health benefits. Since I have all the ingredients on hand I'll give it a try someday. I like pickled beets and eggs, so I may like this. Another way to drink more water too.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    niecyis51 wrote: »

I make it "by guess and by golly" but here is the best I can do:

8 pieces bacon
    2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon sugar

Fry up the bacon and remove from the pan, leaving the fat. Turn off the heat. Stir in the vinegar and sugar and adjust for taste. Crumble the bacon over the spinach (I usually slice up a couple of hard cooked eggs and slice some onion also) and spoon the dressing over top. Toss.

Wilted lettuce salad is similar. You use leaf lettuce from your garden and let the warm dressing wilt the lettuce a little before serving.

*takes notes*
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Makes me gag.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My verdict:
    2 tbls vinegar, 1/2 tsp stevia leaves, dash of cinnamon in a tall glass of ice water. It is drinkable, can taste the vinegar, but not to strong. On a scale 1 to 10, I give it a 3. Probably would not be my go to drink, but if you want to drink vinegar for health, this would be a way to do it.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Makes the BEST hot bacon dressing for either spinach salad or wilted lettuce salad.

Hot bacon dressing

It is do good it must be a sin

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It will not help with weight loss. Like, at all.

Also, gross.
  • ChicaFirme
    ChicaFirme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I drink it as a tea to reduce bloating. Apple Cider Vinegar + Raw Honey + Cinnamon + Lemon Juice in hot water. It does a lovely job taking away my bloat and I don't mind the taste. I don't know about weight loss though

• Melizabeth84
    Melizabeth84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I drink it every am w cyanne pepper, ginger, lemon or lime juice cinnamon (doesnt taste the best but it helps my belly and bloat)