I gained 6 pounds in ONE DAY....

Options
13»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I did that. And then I started my period.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Eat some fiber. Sounds like you have a giant food baby!

laughing.gif

Stellar!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Oh no at this rate in 10 days you'll gain 60 LBS!!!!!!!

Calm Down, Relax and just be

^^THIS^^
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    dont trip on that.
    go back to eating right and maybe even focus on an extra day or two of eating PERFECTLY to make up for it and balance it all out.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    you ate 21000 calories in one night??? Holy Sh$t ...You should report that to someone as that may be a world record!!!!

• Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options
    Before you post topics there is a choice at the top called "search" maybe use it next time? :flowerforyou:

Well that was really rude.She can ask a question if she wants, if everyone just used the search there wouldnt be questions coming in.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    This thread really made me feel better about that 2.5lb gain in 1 week! THAAANKS! :)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    you ate 21000 calories in one night??? Holy Sh$t ...You should report that to someone as that may be a world record!!!!

OH They forgot to add the TDEE. it would be 21000 + TDEE = 6lbs

It's 3,500 calories to BURN a pound of fat, not ADD one. It would actually take more to add one.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, the joys of water retention. That's why I stay off the scale for weeks at a time. Our monthlies, a burrito, crackers, anything with sodium will increase retention. I ate sushi last night with soy sauce and I am retaining water like crazy.
    Just drink a lot of water and you'll notice yourself tinkling like crazy. Mother nature is a crazy heffa.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Before you post topics there is a choice at the top called "search" maybe use it next time? :flowerforyou:

Well that was really rude.She can ask a question if she wants, if everyone just used the search there wouldnt be questions coming in.
    Thank you:)
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time and yes, you can retain a lot of water weight from eating high sodium foods. My record is 7lbs after one night of gluttony. Drink lots of water, go back to eating normally and the weight should disappear in a day or two. Keep in mind that if your period is close, it might take even longer to lose the water weight as you may be retaining water because of that.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea:

stop weighing yourself more than once a week.

it's a mind f&%* you don't need.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    This

I know girls at my gym (its an all girls gym) who weight themselves two and three times A DAY!!! Its craziness.... I try to stay away from the scale altogether - but now that I will be keeping track I'll have to stand on it at least once a week. No matter how good my clothes fit or I look that dammed number always gets to me.... I agree that is has to be water weight and starting over after a couple days itll be gone....
  • likitisplit
    Options

It's 3,500 calories to BURN a pound of fat, not ADD one. It would actually take more to add one.

That's why there is the TDEE in there.. 3,500 calories ABOVE your TDEE. so if your TDEE is 2,000. To gain 1lbs it would take 5,500 calories.

It would take more than 5,500 because there would also be the calories involved in storing the fat.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Eat some fiber. Sounds like you have a giant food baby!

I lol'd.
  • likitisplit
    Options

That's why there is the TDEE in there.. 3,500 calories ABOVE your TDEE. so if your TDEE is 2,000. To gain 1lbs it would take 5,500 calories.

It would take more than 5,500 because there would also be the calories involved in storing the fat.

You're right, it would take 5,500.5482032 kcals Round it up to 5,501 calories

...if your body stores every calorie it consumes...
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    And my scientist husband taught me the memory aid:

"A pint's a pound the world around."

(please no comments on how Imperial Pints don't have an Imperial Pound equivalent)

Water weight sure adds up fast.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    What you need to do to get rid of water retention quickly is eat 10 packets of sponge fingers.
    FACT.