Body fat % scale accuracy?

Options
124»

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes, I'm sure I used it in guest mode.

Got it - thank you for clarifying.
  • kerbeya1
    kerbeya1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Go get a pinch test your scale is the worst way to get your body fat measured bod pods and water test are the most accurate way to do so but the pinch measure ment is the most convenient way to get a good accuracy
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    best method for measuring body fat

jump up and down in front of the mirror nekkid .. if it wiggles, and is not gentialia or girl boobs, it be fat
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

jump up and down in front of the mirror nekkid .. if it wiggles, and is not gentialia or girl boobs, it be fat

Love this. I don't care what my body fat % is, if I can reduce those visible wobbly bits I will be happy, LOL.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Now I've got the old Jell-o jingle stuck in my head...."Waaaatch it wiiiigle...."
  • ltkl7
    ltkl7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for good information about gaining muscle while eating at a deficit, then check out Eat To Perform, either on the web or through Facebook. The put out some excellent information and there is good science backing it up.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Is there somewhere I can see people demonstrate this method, I'm not sure I understand.
  • drewlfitness
    drewlfitness Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ltkl7 wrote: »
    If you are looking for good information about gaining muscle while eating at a deficit, then check out Eat To Perform, either on the web or through Facebook. The put out some excellent information and there is good science backing it up.

Already a subscriber :-)

Definitely some great information. A few of the things I've read are exactly why I have slightly argued with those that feel there is no way to gain muscle while eating at a deficit. Or, at least how to preserve existing muscle while trying to lose weight (aka, not lose muscle during a caloric deficit regiment).

This one is great - http://www.eattoperform.com/2015/01/30/basics-of-losing-body-fat/