Selfie Sticks

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    tapirfrog wrote: »
    This entire thread makes me want to move to an island and live in a cave.

You don't already?
  • rushbabe0214
    rushbabe0214 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I saw many folks using them on recent trips to Vegas and NYC. Had to laugh at the ones with added bling. LOL

Personally, I think they look ridiculous. Whoever invented them is raking in the dough for sure.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    I saw many folks using them on recent trips to Vegas and NYC. Had to laugh at the ones with added bling. LOL

Personally, I think they look ridiculous. Whoever invented them is raking in the dough for sure.

You think a selfie stick is ridiculous, but you'll take bathroom selfies like that?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Don't have one. When I go places I take pictures of what I'm seeing, not myself.
    I've been in a few selfies other people have taken of groups, but I've never taken one of myself.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Looks like all the people in this picture are having a grand time.

Selfie-Stick.jpg

As a result, I think I'd rather jab myself in the face with a fork than get a selfie stick.

Wish MFP had a "like" button again. lol
  • rushbabe0214
    Options

You think a selfie stick is ridiculous, but you'll take bathroom selfies like that?

Notice that I said selfie sticks look ridiculous, not the act of taking selfies.

Reading comprehension is your friend...

• _incogNEATo_
    Options

Notice that I said selfie sticks look ridiculous, not the act of taking selfies.

If we're getting technical, you used a bunch of pronouns...

Also, I recognized in my post that you were referring to selfie sticks. My opinion is that a selfie stick may have taken a better picture of your back than that awkward pose you've engaged yourself in.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    shamcd wrote: »
    They should be treated like weiners and religion. No one wants either to be whipped out around them and waved in their faces without testing the waters first. Manners and conscientiousness should take precedent.

Nice! That's going to be the name of my next band. Wieners and Religion.

Either one will have your female fans on their knees.

:lol:
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I don't understand WHY they exist...like you could EASILY ask someone "hey can you take a pic of me and my friends" and they would oblige. I don't believe there are that many people out there who would steal a phone. Everyone already has their own!

But there are a lot of people who don't know how to take a decent photo!
    I have experienced this on many a vacation!

Having a background in sales/marketing.... I can almost certainly assure you that is NOT what the target market for this product is.........
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    I don't understand WHY they exist...like you could EASILY ask someone "hey can you take a pic of me and my friends" and they would oblige. I don't believe there are that many people out there who would steal a phone. Everyone already has their own!

Having a background in sales/marketing.... I can almost certainly assure you that is NOT what the target market for this product is.........
    LMAO!

• ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Gabrielm80 wrote: »
    Haven't used one, but who cares if someone does. Geez some people like to judge somebody for something small like this. I would witness someone using a selfie stick than watching someone putting someone down. I may buy a selfie stick just because of this post.

I posted this, originally, kind of tongue-in-cheek. I understand the advantages to the selfie stick. Being able to take pics without the help of strangers. The point I was trying to address was that the gal I saw in Cabo spent her whole day taking selfies. There was beauty and adventure all around her, but she missed it. My thought is to just look up once in a while and enjoy life, whether it's from your cell phone, tablet or lap top.

Wanted to point out, there are actually people that make a living with that selfie stick. I don't understand how, but YouTube, Instagram and Twitter are making some people rich. Those selfie sticks made it much easier for them.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    079.gif
  • rushbabe0214
    Options

Also, I recognized in my post that you were referring to selfie sticks. My opinion is that a selfie stick may have taken a better picture of your back than that awkward pose you've engaged yourself in.

You're a ray of *kitten* sunshine, aren't you? <eyeroll>
  • rushbabe0214
    Options
    079.gif

LOL!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options

You're a ray of *kitten* sunshine, aren't you? <eyeroll>

Flagged for a personal attack.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I also saw them all over the place when I was on vacation.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Yeah...true dat! But I defend the selfie-stick because I would use it for the purpose of having a decent photo of myself and my family while on vacation. In other words, yes they can be annoying and a lot of the people who use them are "self-centered narcissists" (A LOT not ALL) but it definitely has a good use as well!
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ive avoided a selfie stick, but picked up one of these this weekend. Sometimes you want family pictures and not leave out the photographer IMO. Just 5 bucks at Steinmart too.

http://phonepartsusa.com/selfie-bluetooth-remote-shutter-for-ios-android-black-acc-zed-634?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhuqrBRCFuPz4ipOx5JIBEiQAZJ7F-hBTI4p_sOFuVrxyluBELCk4ckZfBuss1JryDJkCgZUaAsg28P8HAQ
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I only like them because it's funny when people's phones fall on their heads right off the sticks.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Saw this and thought of this thread.
    bzv3qwnvuw1m.jpg