Vitamins! What is YOUR Daily Regimen?

Options
peaceout_aly
peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
What vitamins or supplements do you take on a daily basis? Just interested! I'll list mine below:

Women's Multi-Vitamin
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
B12
B6
Calcium
Cranberry Extract
Blueberry Extract
Gingko Biloba
DHA
Cod Liver Oil
Women's Probiotic
Garlic
Ubiquinol
Milk Thistle
Fish, Flax & Borage Oils

What do you take and/or suggest? For me, this combination was life changing. I was having several health problems, diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder and lots of issues stemming from that, and after being on these vitamins for two-months now, I've noticed a HUGE change in my well being. I'm always interested to know what types of vitamins and supplements helped others! Share your story!

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Zinc
    B-Complex
    Vitamins C,D,E
    Magnesium
    Niacin

I'd recommend zinc because it's not in a lot of foods, a b-complex since those are very important and magnesium since it's difficult to get enough.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no reason to take all of those except a main multivitamin that contains all of those things anyway. Your body will take what it needs and excrete the rest. (Why do you think vitamins can change the color of your urine? Because the excess is being ridded).

Anyway, for some strange reason I didn't take one single vitamin until I was 11 months into this journey and 53 pounds down. I take the GNC Womens Ultra Mega Active. (Which, by the way, has pretty much all of those things you listed) most at more than 100% daily value.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Be very careful taking that many supplements. It is possible to overdose on some vitamins. The multivitamin I usually take has a warning on it specifically stating to not take any other supplements with vitamin D in it, because the multi has so much in it already.

I take a multivitamin and occasionally use protein powder to supplement my protein intake.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There's no reason to take all of those pills. You may be causing more harm to your body. There is such thing as vitamin/supplement overdose.

I take Metagenics phyto multivitamin, Wellness Formula by Source Naturals, and Align probiotic.

When my potassium and magnesium levels are low due to Crohn's disease, I take a supplement for those or get them intravenously.

• mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Be very careful taking that many supplements. It is possible to overdose on some vitamins. The multivitamin I usually take has a warning on it specifically stating to not take any other supplements with vitamin D in it, because the multi has so much in it already.

I take a multivitamin and occasionally use protein powder to supplement my protein intake.

The ones more likely to OD on would be the fat soluble ones aka vits ADEK.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

The ones more likely to OD on would be the fat soluble ones aka vits ADEK.

Synthetic vitamin A is the most likely to be toxic in high doses.
  • sylviaheathotr
    sylviaheathotr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After a recent wt gain i went to my dr for annual blood work up. Now under close supervision i have completed one month with phentermine. I was also recommended vit D 5,000, omega 3 4/day, CO Q10 150, and niacin. I havent started the omega 3 bc i dosnt know the amount. I have never consistently taken vitamins. Also, despite 'normal' cholesterol, my wt gain resulted in high LDL and low HDL and now anticipated wt loss, dr pht me on lpw dose of crestor. Suppose to pick that up tomorrow. I will be doing blood work in 2 months and hope this is all temporary. I lost 8# in one month and am taking only half a dose of phentermine. Hope to be off of that in 1-2 months with way better eating habits.

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't take anything except calcium + Vitamin D and only that because I have osteopenia. I get plenty of other micronutrients from good food choices.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about how much money the OP is spending on supplements.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I used to religiously take vitamins before I stopped after breastfeeding my youngest. I have to say that I feel no different without them. I eat a pretty balanced diet and think I get everything I need from food these days.
  • alekth
    alekth Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    All I take is fish oil and vitamin D (might stop this one, I've been doing sport outside lately).

In the winter Vitamin C as well.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    - woman's multivitamin that is lilac and does not smell bad
    - 5-HTP so that emotions do not go to *kitten*, and sleep schedule is only kind-of nocturnal
    - should be taking B-12 once I buy more
  • Calygos
    Calygos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    • Primal Blueprint Advanced Health Formula multivitamin
    • Primal Flora probiotics
    • L-Glutamine
    • Omega-3,6,9 fish oil capsules
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Multi
    B complex
    Fish oil
    Calcium

Keeping it simple
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Multi vitamin and fish oil. :)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Wow... I dont take anything
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Heh. Folic acid only.
    Should be on D (as I have a recorded deficit).
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I take a level one multi vit with Iron, the type that just stops deficiencies. Not one with 10 billion % of recommended allowances. I take this for the iron mainly.

Then I take l-tyrosine and Beta carotene because I like to look tanned without frying and ageing my skin. Vanity reasons.

I will take a probio and flaxseed capsules if I feel a bit bunged up or have a bad belly. Also take vit c if I feel a sniffle coming on.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    alykief wrote: »
    What vitamins or supplements do you take on a daily basis? Just interested! I'll list mine below:

Women's Multi-Vitamin
    Vitamin D
    Vitamin C
    B12
    B6
    Calcium
    Cranberry Extract
    Blueberry Extract
    Gingko Biloba
    DHA
    Cod Liver Oil
    Women's Probiotic
    Garlic
    Ubiquinol
    Milk Thistle
    Fish, Flax & Borage Oils

What do you take and/or suggest? For me, this combination was life changing. I was having several health problems, diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder and lots of issues stemming from that, and after being on these vitamins for two-months now, I've noticed a HUGE change in my well being. I'm always interested to know what types of vitamins and supplements helped others! Share your story!

Wow you must rattle
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Fish oil
    Vitamin D3
    Calcium
    Vitamin C if I'm coming down with a cold