MOMs to 3+ kids progress pics or success stories??

Options
bbontheb
bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
I'm a mom to 4 kids (3 bio). Have about 60+more to lose Have the belly overhang after c-sections, stretch marks...the whole shebang. Curious if there are any moms out their to give me/us some inspiration! Would really welcome any progress pics or success stories!!!

Replies

• IWTBR160
    IWTBR160 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mom of three and I'm in the same boat. It's hard with kids because it seems like they're eating all the time! So then of course I want to also. I just want to look better and feel better. We can do this!
  • cmorris0283
    cmorris0283 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mom of three kiddos here too! Would love to see or hear about some stories! I lost and was down to goal before baby #3 and gained all the weight back and then some so I'm starting over here :neutral: I know I can do it, but it just seems so much more daunting this time around!
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My wife is down about 25 pounds so far after she had our 4th kid last June. We started tracking calories in October, started exercising regularly in January with SL 5x5 and cardio on alternating days. Lately the exercise has fallen off a bit due to the nice weather and social events, but she's still losing just by staying within her calorie goals.

She's not ready to post a progress pic yet, still has 60 or so pounds to go, but CI<CO always works in the long run. Stick with it! :smile:
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Okay so no pics yet BUT I am a wife and mother of 4 kids. I work 50+ hours a week and my husband and I are both full time students getting Maters degrees. With 1.5 years of eating at a deficit and lifting heavy, since Sept of 2013, I went from 231 lbs, size 16 jeans, XXl tops to 180 lbs, size 10 jeans and large tops. I haven't lost anything the last 6 months because I became comlpacent with fitting into a size 10 and thought that was enough for me at the time. I've recently started lifting again this week because "good enough" is not good enough anymore. Before I stopped lifting, I was squatting my weight on the bar. I'm hoping I can drop the last 15-20 lbs over the next few months.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 kids - the eldest will be 6 next week, and the other two were 4 and 1 in May. My profile pic is from a month ago. I'm not where I want to be just yet, but I'm getting there. I lost all the weight and more after my 2nd, so I know it can be done. I'm just a bit older and a bit busier this time! If you look in my profile pics there are some from when I was thin.

I'm a UK12/14 (US 10/12) right now, and I was a UK10/12 before.

I work 3 days a week as a teacher, and my husband works shifts, so it can be stressful at times. I went back to work in April and I feel that my eating hasn't been as good since then, and i don't have the time to exercise as much. This week I did Zumba on Mon, circuits on Wed and PT yesterday. Ive been out with my kids yesterday and today, so lots of walking. Tomorrow I'm doing aerobics and Sun I'm doing circuits, Mon PT etc.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    4 kids here! the youngest two are just one and two years old. I've been pretty much in maintenance for 5 years, except for when I was pregnant. With my fourth it took me about 6 months or so to gain back the weight I had lost being pregnant back to back and now I am focusing on strength because my body was drained and nothing like it was! I was an avid lifter and runner and could do neither for almost two years (I got pg with #4 when #3 was 6 weeks old) I feel like now I'm really close to where I was stamina and strength wise. I meal plan to avoid snacking or the excuse of "there's nothing quick to eat" I get up early to workout before the babies wake up. I work 4 days a week and am also in school. It can be done!
  • madhatter2013
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    (I got pg with #4 when #3 was 6 weeks old)

Wow, you really rode that fine line recommendation on how long your supposed to wait to have sex after giving birth, huh? LOL
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mom to 3 kids, all 3 born via c-section. I'm still a work in progress. SW 224 lbs, CW 164.8. GW 137 (will re-evaluate once I get to that point)

<-- Before pic, and relatively current pic (taken about a month ago)

I work full time, but squeeze in work out time either over my lunch break, or I go to the gym at night when I get the kids to be.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Wow, you really rode that fine line recommendation on how long your supposed to wait to have sex after giving birth, huh? LOL

I always joke she was conceived in the car, in the parking lot of my OB immediately following my check up ;)
  • madhatter2013
    Options

I always joke she was conceived in the car, in the parking lot of my OB immediately following my check up ;)

Ah hahahaha
  • yeswehave8
    yeswehave8 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mom to 8, 6 who are bio and the youngest just turned 4. I've lost 58 lbs total from my high after my 5th bio and I'm down 21 lbs this time. I have 55 lbs to my goal weight.

I've been up to a size 24 for longer than I'd like to admit and am currently a loose 16. I am LCHF because CICO doesn't work for me with being so highly insulin resistant (PCOS). I was also pre-diabetic by the end of pregnancy with baby #5(7) but I've turned that around and am now in the normal range.
  • scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mom of three here all born by C-section. I have just gotten serious about losing this weight so I haven't lost a whole lot yet. My baby is 9 months old and my starting weight was 158, CW 150.5 and GW is 120. I don't have any pics yet but feel free to add me.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    4cwphwfg3yz9.jpg
    I have the over hang too after c sections lol. Cannot wait to get rid of it!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Mom to 5... 2 by c-section.

563c60973703048cbcaaab3ef3beb3c9fe7e.jpg
  • bewarethedog
    bewarethedog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mom to three, all born by c-sections. Each time I delivered, I was nearly 200 pounds, which is a lot for my tiny 5'0" body. I usually hovered around 180 when I wasn't pregnant. After my third, it took me 10 months to drop 20 pounds because I wasn't really exercising or being vigilant about watching what I ate. I had a rough miscarriage earlier this year and after that I realized I was just wasting my time not doing things the right way. So I buckled down and I've lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months. All my kids are young so I usually only find about 30-45 minutes a day to exercise, but that and keeping to 1300 calories a day has really been working for me.

The pictures are from when my youngest was 3 months old to today (she's 14 months now).

Feel free to add me as a friend and follow me on Instagram (@fitness.chelle).
    5mk2c15hz2xw.jpg
  • cmoll520
    cmoll520 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids- ages 7, 5 and 2. Pre-baby I was 130. After my 3rd I maintained at 175 for 2 years. Starting in jan i started focusing on losing some weight. I am down to 135. I have kept my calories to 1300-1700 and do 1 hour of cardio 3-6 times a week.

oj0iqux8ejwv.jpg
    0yv3pieqas23.jpg
    Today at 135 trying on a dress for a wedding
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome job mamas!
    I'm a work in progress, i topped out at 304lbs when i gave birth to #4, gained another 10lbs because breastfeeding made me super duper hungry, I am down 32lbs now, i was 180 and 5'5" when i got pregnant with our first who is turning 10 soon, topped out at 270 the day i gave birth to our first 3, lost 50 between each until i was put on abilify and lexapro with #3, i didnt lose 1 lb after i had her!! nothing from the pregnancy at all and she was 9lbs5oz! so i was 270 when i got preggers with #4 and only gained 30 with him, i didnt have c sections with any of mine though, but im in the same boat with having 3 living kids and needing to lose, keep at it and we will see results
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    qqalavk2mqkb.jpg

5 kids

Weight train 2/wk, walked every other day.

Started at 119kg (262lbs) in 2010. Pregnant in 2012...best pregnancy in terms of weight management. Got down to 76kg (167lbs) in photo beginning 2014, gained 6kg last year due to family circumstances which meant routine went AWOL. Still fit those jeans though. Didn't panic. Back to it. Finding a new routine.

I only do what I enjoy and I only eat what I enjoy - emphasis on nutrition first.

ETA: I hate my hair in after shot lol.
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    mrsbaldee wrote: »
    qqalavk2mqkb.jpg

5 kids

Weight train 2/wk, walked every other day.

Started at 119kg (262lbs) in 2010. Pregnant in 2012...best pregnancy in terms of weight management. Got down to 76kg (167lbs) in photo beginning 2014, gained 6kg last year due to family circumstances which meant routine went AWOL. Still fit those jeans though. Didn't panic. Back to it. Finding a new routine.

I only do what I enjoy and I only eat what I enjoy - emphasis on nutrition first.

ETA: I hate my hair in after shot lol.

I like how you say you only do what you enjoy because so do I and it makes it much easier to stick to this by doing things I like. I hate cardio but I enjoy walking, so i walk. I love strength training so i do that as well, i eat what i want but i am being good about not overdoing it and putting my nutrition first
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I kick box for cardio too but I probably won't do that till I'm 80! Don't mind a bit of Zumba either but can't get there anymore. But yeh agree, process absolutely has to be flexible and enjoyable for adherence.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!