MOMs to 3+ kids progress pics or success stories??

Options

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I've got 3. I'm down right at 20lbs now. 17 to go. Once I lose just 7, I can fit in a LOT more of my clothes!
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    9b4jf8pq94ty.jpg

I have 8 kids (26 years down to almost 15 months). With the youngest, I had some complications during my pregnancy so I was on bed rest and in and out of the hospital. She was born via c-section at 36 weeks. It was my first c-section so getting back in shape has been more challenging than it was with the others. I was 46 when she was born and I was also at the heaviest I've ever been. I was about 125 lb. when I got pregnant and don't know my highest weight, but when I came home from the hospital, I was at 171 lb.

The picture is June of 2014 compared to now. Currently, I'm just lifting because I'm healing a stress fracture in my foot, but I normally run 3-4 times a week and lift. I did Stronglifts 5x5 for 4 months, took a break, did it again for another 2 months or so and then moved to a different routine that's 5 days a week.

(Please excuse the mirror marks; I'm apparently unable to wipe the mirror off after my shower without leaving behind streaks.)
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mom of 5. Ages 7-21. My heaviest point was around 205lbs. Started my weightloss journey end of February at 196lbs. I'm now 165lbs and still going strong. p831qen9lyqh.jpg
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of three and I've started back in 2012 at 260 lost 40lbs then got pregnant in April 2013 with my last. I was over 200lbs with each pregnancy, but only gained 6lbs with my last. Today I'm almost at 90lbs loss at 171lbs. [img]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/chesnity3/Mobile Uploads/PicsArt_1433957913815_zpsfyafnwef.jpg[/img]
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    0dk79szh7mwv.jpg

Mom of three, all C sections, I weighed in just at 295 just a little over 3 months ago, as of today I am down 40 lbs, Whoot whoot so happy. Only a neck and face shot for now, but see the difference I now have a neck, how awesome it that..lol. My belly and arms are still very big and I worry about excess skin. I know I still have a long way to go, but I will get there. Good luck on your journey
  • abc_girl
    abc_girl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Love the support and shares on here. This is just what I need and was looking for!
    I have 2 children 15 & 7. The first one did a number on my body, but I lost the weight relatively easy (after gaining 99lbs - exactly). With my second I only gained 40-ish lbs, but the extra pounds seem to be a demon now that just won't let go. :( I've always been active and relatively healthy but I moved 3.5yrs ago to an area that doesn't support the active lifestyle I was living before. The pounds have really started to settle in since being in my new community. It was something I never concerned myself with (weight) but I feel it's starting to become to much and needs to be wrangled in. I hope to follow all you lovely ladies who are sharing so selflessly and keep myself motivated to be healthier and happier with who I am physically. :)
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Rockin2014 wrote: »
    Mom of 5. Ages 7-21. My heaviest point was around 205lbs. Started my weightloss journey end of February at 196lbs. I'm now 165lbs and still going strong. p831qen9lyqh.jpg

you have a 21 year old?!?! you really don't look old enough to have even a teenager let alone a 21 year old lol but you look amazing, great transformation!! good job!
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm mom of three as well! All boys and all c-sections. It was hard to come to terms that I was overweight. But I'm on this journey because I want to be there for them as long as I can!!!
    I saw myself in a picture on Jan. 3, 2015, and I was shocked! That was it.
    So 35 lbs later I'm feeling better, but I know I still have a way to go!!
    Best of luck! Feel free to add or friend me!3mmepbqksvce.jpg
  • UrnAsh_84
    UrnAsh_84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, everyone looks great! =)
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I homeschool 4 kids and run a soap making business out of my home - I have lost 50lbs since Christmas. I just made physical activity a priority (and yes, that means some things suffer here and there, like my house at the moment lol). I play racquetball 4-6 times/week, I'm training for another Ragnar, as well as joined a dragon boat paddling team with practice 1x/wk. I go to the gym almost every single day...while I feel bad for the time I spend away from my family, this is very necessary right now. Once I am at my goal weight, I will cut back a little...and clean my house again lol.

Oh I also track my calories/macros every single day. Most of the time, I'm on target, every once in a while I blow it. I used to freak out when I'd 'mess up' but now I either just throw in an extra run or clean it up the next day.
  • PunkyMP
    PunkyMP Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have four -- 10, 17, 21, 22, and a grandson. I never had c-sections, but two hernia surgeries above the navel, appendix, and ovary surgeries. So the belly is a mess. I've been lifting heavy, walking, some silly 80's aerobics that kick my butt, and stopped drinking pop. I'm not tiny or even in "average" weight range yet, but things are tighter than they've ever been.
    BA%20June.jpg
  • Tee10
    Tee10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of three awesome children, 17, 15, and 9 years old. I've been off and on MyFitnessPal during different treatments. I have a disease called Uticarial Vasculitis. I take high amounts of prednisone, which makes me gain a ton of weight. The doctors told my husband, I should have died 6 years ago. Haha, this disease can't beat me! I'm a fighter and that's what makes me a success story. The Doctors have finally gotten my condition under control. There is no cure. There are no pics yet, I have logged in consistently for 15 days since my last treatment. I'm looking for encouraging friends. A MyFitnessPal community of accountability partners, that share words of encouragement, cheers for one another and encourages each other to come back when we stop logging in. So we can be successful together. You want to be on team "Making No Excuses & Getting It Done"?
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that you are all very inspiring. I just joined 8 days ago. Thought I lost 1.1 pounds and then a day and a half later my 1.1 pounds seems to have come back. :(
    I'm a homeschooling mom to 5 (11,8,6,4,2 years old) currently. No c-sections and just trying to get rid of this extra weight. I have been strength training 3 times a week and doing c25k for at least 6 weeks and while I feel stronger and some toning the weight isn't budging. Currently trying to wean the 2 year old from his night and nap nursing.
    I'm really motivated though, seeing everyone looking so great and able to maintain their new lifestyle changes. That's the hardest to me, is the physical activity. I love cookies and chocolate. I will gladly forego something to eat dark chocolate and have a piece of sourdough toast with my coffee.
    Congratulations to talk of you and thanks for sharing and motivating!
  • moledew
    moledew Posts: 71 Member
    Options

You have a 21 year old?! I thought you were in your late 20's, MAYBE early 30's... WOW! You look phenomenal!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Love all the sharing, stories, pics, and motivation!!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    moledew wrote: »

You have a 21 year old?! I thought you were in your late 20's, MAYBE early 30's... WOW! You look phenomenal!

Thank you! I was a very young mom. I'm 37 :blush:
  • niteshiftnurse
    niteshiftnurse Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mom to 5. blk/wht photo bottom photos show me 6 months after having my 5th child and top photo was my 3 wk progress photo. Taking the before photo helped me stay motivated by actually looking at my body and comparing the difference for me Progress photos, tracking my food, eating clean, and walking 4 miles 3x a week helped me and lost 20lbs. However, I did gain it all back when I went back to working nights full time. But I'm determine and I'm back on track and seeing the results. It motivates me to see the before and after photos that people post so I'm posting mine for the first time for everyone to see and hopefully it will also inspire someone out there too. yqz7efaa0adu.jpg
    Mom of 5. I'm inspired by your before and after photos.
    n2gtqjspy7dx.jpg
    qjy86koqmj42.jpg
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    moledew wrote: »

Thank you! I was a very young mom. I'm 37 :blush:

We're the same age! You look great, and I love what you're wearing. I'm a fan of the maxi dress and denim jacket look.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    image.jpg
    image hosting free

This is when my baby was a week or so old.

image.jpg
    image post

This is now. I've still got around 20lbs to lose and my baby is 13 months. My eldest is 6 tomorrow. My middle one is 4.

This next pic is when I was just pregnant with my 3rd but didn't yet know:

SAM_3249.jpg
    image sharing

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I was going to comment on each one but I look back and I think where do I begin?...you're all pretty damn inspiring whether you're starting out, home schooling, reigning it in, home business, chronic illness, post babies....

Flowers for you all...and a dose of sleep hehe

(My flowers disappeared but they're there!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!