Slow but Sure: Motivation for turtle losers like me

Options
2»

Replies

• rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm such a turtle loser, too. I did really well in shedding my first 80 lbs and then - moved in with my SO. I went 10 lbs up (only, thankfully, as everyone told me I'd gain more), but then stayed there for just over a year. Now I'm back down to my original loss -5 more lbs. Over all, this whole process has taken me roughly three years.

The thing is, I'm okay with this because I'm back on a downward trend and am still incredibly far away from where I started. We can only keep swimming, right? Even if it takes us forever, we'll get there.

I agree we can only keep moving forward.
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    wwh140 wrote: »
    I'm a turtle loser too! BUT my doctor says 1/2 to 1 pound per week is ideal as it not only allows you to develop those habits you need to maintain a weight loss for a lifetime, but it is healthier as it doesn't flood the liver with extra fat. I have fatty liver disease and losing weight too fast will make that worse instead of better, while a slow weight loss will B):) eventually help. I say YAY for all us turtles out there!!! :smiley:
    Wow! So losing slow is safer. Double Yay for all of us turtle losers!:smiley:

• rajnigandha21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yanicka1 wrote: »
    took me 1 years to lose 20 pounds but I completly transformed my body. a bit frustrating I must admit but I didn't gained it back and I am 5 years in maintenant

I admire your patience and persistence. It's inspiring. :)
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    DezMum wrote: »
    Great jog!!!

and you are NOT a loser!!!!
    Tmdesir wrote: »
    You look awesome!!!

Thank you! Hey DezMum I did lose but I get what u mean! ;)
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I call myself a "Slow fat loser". I have been on MFP for almost 100 days. The longest stretch ever, and I am down 10lbs. Though I'll be first to admit I have a lot of scale bouncing every week, and I only record the lowest number on MFP.
    However, despite losing only 10 lbs and nearly 100 days, something else has happened. My physical fitness has increased substantially. I do Insanity, and I couldn't hang at all, that is not the case any more.
  • rajnigandha21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I call myself a "Slow fat loser". I have been on MFP for almost 100 days. The longest stretch ever, and I am down 10lbs. Though I'll be first to admit I have a lot of scale bouncing every week, and I only record the lowest number on MFP.
    However, despite losing only 10 lbs and nearly 100 days, something else has happened. My physical fitness has increased substantially. I do Insanity, and I couldn't hang at all, that is not the case any more.
    Congrats! When going gets tough,toughs get going! You are doing great. Keep it up! :)