Besides the scale, any other favourite kitchen gadgets?

Options
jgnatca
jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
For weight loss? I can think of a few.
  • Fine grater for lemon zest and parmesan
  • My Mandoline vegetable slicer - great for zucchini or eggplant "noodles"
  • Ziploc bags for portioning out lunch
  • Mason jars for salads and refrigerator oats
  • Oil mister
  • Slow cooker for more home cooked meals - control the fat, sugar, and salt

Do you have more?

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My milk frother. It only takes a small amount of milk to make masses of froth, warm for my coffee or cold for a milkshake.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    My moka pot and my battery operated handheld milk frother. I make really good espressos, lattes, cappuccinos etc. at home (tastes better than Starbucks!) and have a satisfying treat that tastes really really good with very few calories. And I save a ton of money as a nice bonus.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    For weight loss? I can think of a few.
    • Fine grater for lemon zest and parmesan
    • My Mandoline vegetable slicer - great for zucchini or eggplant "noodles"
    • Ziploc bags for portioning out lunch
    • Mason jars for salads and refrigerator oats
    • Oil mister
    • Slow cooker for more home cooked meals - control the fat, sugar, and salt

Do you have more?

Pretty much this except I don't have a mandolin (scared of them lol). Want to try the noodles one day. I think I'd like that.

I have been eyeing off a whole egg cooker for the microwave.
  • bcschulz
    bcschulz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a vegatini, it spins vegetables and spiral cuts them. I use zucchini to make spaghetti noodles and fresh tomatoes to make spaghetti sauce, then I add some fake ground beef and I've got spaghetti with "meat" sauce.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My beer opener!
  • Fabulousfoodiefun
    Fabulousfoodiefun Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bcschulz wrote: »
    I have a vegatini, it spins vegetables and spiral cuts them. I use zucchini to make spaghetti noodles and fresh tomatoes to make spaghetti sauce, then I add some fake ground beef and I've got spaghetti with "meat" sauce.

Ha! I was just going to say a Spiralizer! Well done! Love mine.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    My counter top grill
    Food processor
    Spiralizer
    Crock pot
    Blender for homemade dressings
    Divided storage containers for lunches
    My coffee pot
    Toaster

Quite honestly...everything in my kitchen
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    bcschulz wrote: »

Oh I want a vegatine now!!!! The kids would love that too.
  • Fabulousfoodiefun
    Fabulousfoodiefun Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My beer opener!

Haha....a wine opener with a beer cap remover....2 birds....lol
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Thanks!
    You reminded me of my George Foreman. It gets lots of use.

What am I doing wrong with my spiralizer? Must it have a soft veggie like cucumber? It turned my carrot to mush.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Top three must have's for me: Foreman grill, Vitamix, slow-cooker. Then, after that, milk frother and a rubberized material that I use for a multitude of things in the kitchen.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    My moka pot and my battery operated handheld milk frother. I make really good espressos, lattes, cappuccinos etc. at home (tastes better than Starbucks!) and have a satisfying treat that tastes really really good with very few calories. And I save a ton of money as a nice bonus.
    That is what I need, an electric milk frother. So, they work?

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I love my Hamilton Beach 'Griller'. The grill parts come out so you can wash them, unlike my George Foreman. And everybody knows, I love my Farberware coffee makers! ...and the Keurig I got for Christmas 2 years ago. I love kitchen gadgets!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Nutri Ninja Auto IQ,my peeler used to make zoodles,slo cooker,stone ware for baking in.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    My KitchenAid Mixer is by far my favorite kitchen gadget. Then it's my FoodSaver vacuum sealer.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mandolin and my BBQ outside.
    I would love a kitchenaid mixer but I need to paint the bedrooms and buy the kids new bedroom furniture prior to making one of those "appear" in my house :)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My slow cooker. I've gotten in the habit of putting something in it every Sunday morning before church. That way when I get home from the morning service, lunch is ready and waiting for me. Plus, as it is just me, it always gives me at least 1-2 servings left over for the week. Though last week I ate it all. After all I've never heard of left over steak.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Now I want stoneware.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Also a fan of the spiraliser, I have a small handheld one that just does thinner veggies like zucchini and carrots. I didn't want to get a big countertop one since it really only has one use.

I just bought a food processor and though I've only used it 3 or 4 times, I can definitely see it greatly impacting my cooking.

Not really a gadget but little tupperware containers to take dressings/small amounts of sour cream etc to work.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Thanks!
    You reminded me of my George Foreman. It gets lots of use.

What am I doing wrong with my spiralizer? Must it have a soft veggie like cucumber? It turned my carrot to mush.

I have never tried a carrot but I do use it for sweet potatoes. It is a little hard to get started but once I do it works great.

I think with a carrot you might not have a large enough base for those little spikes to get hold of.