1 Year, 87 lbs., and getting close!

Options

Replies

• Judyann6
    Judyann6 Posts: 22
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look amazing. What a wonderful story to read.
  • rickyyean
    rickyyean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing amazing story!
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great going! The picture of you with your sons is a particularly nice one, great smile and I can feel the confidence coming from the photo!
  • memers72
    Options
    Thanks for posting. You have such a great story and are an inspiration to those of us still in the midst. :smile:
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for sharing your story & pictures! Very inspirational! Congratulations!
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WOW you look amazing. I only hope I can get there one day!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your dedication and hard work. I'm just starting this journey (4 weeks in) and I can relate in so many ways. You and your family look wonderful and they must be very proud of your accomplishment, too.

You listed a number of things you can do now and your BP reduction is really significant. How is your energy level and how do you feel generally now? Will you continue to use MFP for maintenance? Best wishes for a happy and healthy future! :smile:
  • kNEWBrenda
    kNEWBrenda Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you are amazing that is for sure.... I know that this is a day that will be etched in your mind for a long time
  • sunny_smile5
    sunny_smile5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are an inspiration!
  • seaturtlelove
    seaturtlelove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've really enjoyed reading this blog; you are so honest and your hard work shows. You look wonderful, and I know you're feeling amazing. Thank you for sharing - you really inspired me today. :flowerforyou:
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your dedication and hard work. I'm just starting this journey (4 weeks in) and I can relate in so many ways. You and your family look wonderful and they must be very proud of your accomplishment, too.

You listed a number of things you can do now and your BP reduction is really significant. How is your energy level and how do you feel generally now? Will you continue to use MFP for maintenance? Best wishes for a happy and healthy future! :smile:

I no longer scope out the absolute closest parking spot, and my feet don't go, "Yo... hey! A little warning that you're getting out of bed, huh?" when I get out of bed in the morning, and I feel that my knees are so much happier with me in general!

As far as logging my food, I will continue to do it. The app makes it so easy to do that there is just no excuse not to. Plus, I saw a report on the Today Show where they profiled a woman who had lost 185 lbs. and she has maintained her weightloss for 5 years. She said that she still keeps a log of everything she eats, and the Nutritionist said that THAT is the single most important thing that a person can do.

Thanks again to everyone who says that my story is inspiring them today! There are sooooo many amazing/inspiring stories and people on this forum, and I truly am honored to be seen as one. :blushing: Thank you!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing & you're such an inspiration!
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I hope to be where you are one day.
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am saving your story as my inspiration. Although I am a bit heavier than you were to start and 2-3 inches taller and 20 years older.....I am soooo inspired by you that I just wanted to tell you ... Thank you.. You look incredible and are a totally different looking person! I laughed when I read..wrapping a regular towel around you!! (I wish-- not the beach towel!! ) and regular clothes.. Thank you for sharing.. and keep up the great job. :love: :flowerforyou:
  • veggielyndsey
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thanks for posting and sharing with all of us. It is amazing how much the little things mean to us in regards to your posting of what has changed. Congrats!
  • Caligalslim
    Options
    You look great
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!! You look amazing!!!!!!!! I'm almost where you started! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to try Zumba...as I'm like you were--watching the clock to see when exercise time is over. Will have to see if there are classes available here!

Thanks for sharing your success story!! :flowerforyou:
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Zumba is seriously soooo much fun! Go to Zumba.com, and you can seach for classes by zip code. I am sure that you will be able to find some near you. I finally caved and got a gym membership to 24 Hour Fitness, because I was shelling out about $60 a month on classes, and thought, "I could get a gym membership for way less than that", and in my area there are about a dozen clubs all offering classes, and it's included in the membership.

Give it a couple classes, and try different teachers. And while it may seem counter-intuitive, try and be closer to the front! It makes it so much easier to see the instructor and to be able to follow along. Zumba :heart:
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Keep up the great work!
  • SweetBee30
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look fantastic. Congrats! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!