What is your fave low cal alcoholic beverage

Options
1234568»

Replies

• bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Infused vodka -- you get extra flavor but no extra calories. You can buy it or make your own. Here are directions to make several different kinds from Real Simple:

Ingredients
    1 liter vodka
    flavorings, such as 1½ cups fresh pineapple chunks, 4 vanilla beans, or 3 halved and seeded jalapeños
    glass bottles with tight seals

Directions
    Divide the vodka and desired flavorings among the bottles.
    Refrigerate until the vodka reaches the desired level of infusion, at least 3 days and up to 1 week. Remove the flavorings after 1 week or instruct the recipient to do so. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 months.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Martini...dirty please.
  • Jenninscotland
    Jenninscotland Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I LOVE margaritas - but not all the calories! Using my juicer, I made some this past Friday night from this cooking light recipe (130 calories versus 410!):

The Cooking Light Margarita:
    1 ounce premium or silver tequila, 1/2 ounce Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur, 1.5 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice. Shake with 3/4 cup ice; garnish with lime.

cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/best-margarita-recipes
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    TheNewLori wrote: »
    I like to drink Captain Morgan and Diet Coke. This is a struggle for me as I have to admit ... about once a week I like to throw more than a few down :) Trying to save my calories today to be able to drink my calories. Not an alkie but love my one night a week to let my hair down and have some fun! Its always a struggle the next day when your body wants carbs after the alcohol but I will deal with it :)

same here with the drinking, I like my Fridays and sometimes Wednesday. :)

I mostly drink beer or Palm Bays Iced Teas... prob should change to vodka and diet coke but scarred of over doing it with vodka.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bourbon neat

+1
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic with diet tonic water. Roughly 100 calories a cup, depending on how heavy you pour the gin.