Will you eat it if you hate the taste?

Options

Replies

• sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    No. Just no. Unfortunately for me I hate vegetables. Sometimes I feel childish because of this.
  • FellyFabulous
    FellyFabulous Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I think the overwhelming response you will get here is, "NO" except for some of those extreme examples where food literally is scarce or you are doing something to be polite.

I think the question is OP, why are you eating tilapia if you hate it so much? Did you cook it? What made you think that was the best option for you?

I didn't have time to make food for lunch so I asked my mom if she had any leftovers. It was the only thing she had in her fridge that was cooked and I didn't have the heart to say "thanks but no thanks" when she offered her own meal to me. I ended up eating it, and it wasn't that bad after all - I just added some tapatio which helped mask the fishy flavor.

• FellyFabulous
    FellyFabulous Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »
    "Hate" seems an awfully melodramatic response to tilapia.

When you're choking down a gag response to get it in your stomach, i think hate is an appropriate word, lol.

I hate fish too, but I can eat shellfish and canned tuna. I used to feel guilty about not eating it (since everyone knows how good it is for you) and I would force myself occasionally. I was convinced, due to my own MFP thread when I started, that I can get those same nutrients other places and there was no point in torturing myself. So, I don't eat fish anymore.

Thank you for understanding my pain! :) LOL. I appreciate it.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I hate both peaches and red raspberries.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I eat with all of my senses. If one of them is put off by the food, I don't eat it (thankfully my eyesight is horrible, because my husbands creations can look less than stellar). Obviously the rules are bent for some social situations, but in general, hell no.

Food is to be enjoyed, so why bother eating something you wont be happy about eating later?
  • angelamary61
    angelamary61 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Calories are to precious to waste on something you don't even like the taste of.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I will eat things I dislike to be polite, or if I am relying on a food shelter (thank god its been a long while since I have had to do that)

I do however refuse to eat dairy (lactose intolerant), and meat (I am a vegetarian).

But I'll choke down whatever (dairy free, no meat) or make do with whats available/provide my own food if I have to.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Food=life, and I dont want my life to be sad
  • Jericho1954
    Jericho1954 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight fast without starving yourself, boiled okra is the best.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I would not eat something I don't like. Why would I since I have access to so many food choices? As for food as fuel, food is many things. . . social connection, relationship, cultural identity, celebration. I plan to embrace all of those aspects.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Have you ever smelled Jackfruit? I can't wrap my head around why anyone wants to eat something that smells like a ripe gym locker.

If it does not smell good, or look good, I am not eating it.
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I used to be the pickiest eater around until I forced myself to eat things over and over again knowing those foods were good for me. Now I can eat almost anything. If I'm not a huge fan of something yet I won't gag eating it, I'll eat it since I am geared more towards performance. In time, if my body likes it, it will eventually accept it.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not often. When I first started my bulk I found it hard to get a lot of protein in, I used to have ON 100% whey protein shakes in the morning and I hated the taste, still drank them though.

• chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like most foods and will try just about anything once, but I cannot stand Brussel Sprouts. I've tried to like them and have tried them several ways.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't mind trying new foods but if I don't like the way it tastes that will be the last time I eat it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nope, if I hate it, I'm not eating it. If it tastes bad, I'm not eating it.

There are some foods that I don't like a lot that I do eat for the sake of variety, to keep a balanced diet, etc.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    if i take a bite of something i don't like i literally can't chew. my body is like NOPE.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I like most foods, so why would I force myself to eat the few I dislike?