Treatment from others

2»

Replies

• newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    tiggernic wrote: »
    i was wondering if anyone else had experienced negative feeling or behaviour from those around them or been treated differently from their thinner work colleagues. And how you deal with them.

I never take much notice but two things have happened in a short save of time
    1st invite to work outing but not invited as "it's a black tie event"
    2nd hearing manager say she's a monster about his daughter. I thought he was referring to the fact that she's a teenage girl I replied "it's hormones, she will grow out of it" to which the rely was it's not her attitude she's fat she's a monster. I know this wasn't said to me direct but all the same made me feel self conscious. I could not believe he would talk that way about his own daughter who I would say is no more than 11stone, I sitting there tipping the scales at 18 stone and feeling judged and in his words a monster. This happened a couple of weeks ago and as it's still on my mind was wondering if anyone had tips to combat the negative feeling?

I find that often people treat you less than. They automatically assume your lazy. Its wrong. BUT on the flipside I find from heavier people that if you all go out to eat together and you order a salad instead of fried chicken and mashed potatoes or the big burger etc that you are trying to be better than they are. the negative judgments come
    from all sides. its sad.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    tiggernic wrote: »
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    people will always be mean to fat people, my parents were slim and mean to me, just ignore and lose the weight, some people are jerks and you cant change them.

Vey true

no that's not true. there are mean people. they will be mean to fat people and they will be mean to skinny, disabled, attractive or the unattractive etc. it doesn't matter.