Fake Accounts?

Options

Replies

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Yep there's tons of fake ~ troll accts on here, like any social media.
    When i first started i accepted a request from a young girl like 22? Or around that age. She instantly messaged me and i would chat with her often . She said she didnt have a mother so i felt sorry for her. Well after months and months i started to notice shady comments and she was constantly messaging me . Like 25 messges in a few day time frame. So i just stopped acknowledging her at all.
    I thought i was careful never to tell anyone my exact location or name of my job. But i wasnt careful enough. Once we where talking about different types of gyms. I mentioned that i went to the only large gym in my area because it was the only one with a large weight floor , pool, spa and so on. My profile says the area i live in. So with that information, paired with the fact that i once mentioned my gym was close to a grocery store, "she " was able to figure out what gym i went to.
    AND GUESS WHAT....IT WASNT A SHE !! SURPRISED? ?!!! LOL
    Yep some creepy dude showed up at my gym and said, its me chloe951 ! So yeah, there's creepers on here for sure. Since then im careful what i say and who i accept on here. Ive since moved so There's no way I'll ever mention any little details like i did before. Im much more guarded now

^^^^ This is exactly why I closed my account that I have been on since Jan. 2011. Be careful folks, the internet is a very dangerous place.
    says the boobs?

In for talking Oracle boob wisdom.

Bow to the boob gods. I'm ok with that too.

I knew you would be.

Are you trying to say I'm some sort of pervert? Cause if you are, I resemble that remark.

I'm saying you pay attention to solid wisdom, no matter the source. ; )

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    Sometimes one has to make a new account cause they've gotten blocked and they were done talking to that person who blocked them yet. Ya know?

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about this subject. Hmmm.

I was just stating... for a friend.

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I created this fake account just to have friends, even if it is only on-line. I'm really a 36 year old, unemployed IT worker living in my parents' basement.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I created this fake account just to have friends, even if it is only on-line. I'm really a 36 year old, unemployed IT worker living in my parents' basement.

That's so hot
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

That's so hot

Wanna come over? I still have my Atari Pong still set up.

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

You just blew my mind.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm here a few years. There are definitely trolls but I didn't realize they would track you down physically. That's scary.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options

That's so hot

Wanna come over? I still have my Atari Pong still set up.

I'm always ready and willing to use that vintage joystick of yours
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    People think I'm fake but I just laugh in their faces and say I'm not
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    omg....that's all I can say. LOL! S
    When i first started i accepted a request from a young girl like 22? Or around that age. She instantly messaged me and i would chat with her often . She said she didnt have a mother so i felt sorry for her. Well after months and months i started to notice shady comments and she was constantly messaging me . Like 25 messges in a few day time frame. So i just stopped acknowledging her at all.
    I thought i was careful never to tell anyone my exact location or name of my job. But i wasnt careful enough. Once we where talking about different types of gyms. I mentioned that i went to the only large gym in my area because it was the only one with a large weight floor , pool, spa and so on. My profile says the area i live in. So with that information, paired with the fact that i once mentioned my gym was close to a grocery store, "she " was able to figure out what gym i went to.
    Yep some creepy dude showed up at my gym and said, its me chloe951 ! So yeah, there's creepers on here for sure. Since then im careful what i say and who i accept on here. Ive since moved so There's no way I'll ever mention any little details like i did before. Im much more guarded now

omg....that's all I can say. LOL! So scary!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

You actually don't laugh "in their face." You laugh at your computer screen.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options

You actually don't laugh "in their face." You laugh at your computer screen.

Whatever I still laugh though. And you... I hate you
  • RebeccaD22
    Options

^^^^ This is exactly why I closed my account that I have been on since Jan. 2011. Be careful folks, the internet is a very dangerous place.
    says the boobs?

LMAO my thoughts exactly!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

What the hell that has stalker and serial killer written all over it

• RebeccaD22
    Options
    @_incogNEATo_ I love your responses to people. They always make me laugh!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Even some real people on here are creepers... :p

Long, long time ago I was in an AOL chatroom and some guy said he was from my area and was trying to talk to me. Said he wanted to meet up at the mall I lived by, he "worked there". Obviously said no. A couple days later on the news guy assaulted an underage girl that he met online behind the same mall. Showed the pictures he was using online, yup, same guy. It was big news back then cause online socializing was just starting.