Short people unite!

Options

Replies

• erichknguyen
    erichknguyen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and girls,

I was just wondering if there's any other shorties out there as I know we can't carry extra weight as well as tall people! And I don't know about you but I always feel like when I put on even a couple of Ibs it really shows much more than if my tall friends put on a bit of weight?!

I'm only 5 ft 2 (and a half haha) myself so get adding everyone and talk to each other? :)

Tall people have it tough sometimes too! ;)
  • littlemissy2144
    littlemissy2144 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0"...as I'm told I'm the perfect height for an armrest, according to my brothers who are 6'3"+. I literally got the short end of the stick in the height dept. But yes, a 5 lb. gain looks like 15 on us.
  • sashnicole0
    sashnicole0 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in guys, I'm 5'3 and the smallest out of all my friends:')
  • hiotfire1
    hiotfire1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5' over 50 and 30 lbs over weight. I am going to start my healthy eating on June 29 since I am presently on holiday . I would like to lose at least 15lbs by September.
  • nickswifey09
    nickswifey09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    5'2 here:)
  • Cluellen
    Cluellen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'1 shortie. Lost 65 lbs so far but I am still obese. My goal is to be a size 7/8. I am a size 14 now. Last year I was a size 22. I fell off from my plan a lot and even though I am doing better I still fall short in sticking to my regimen. Could use some friends for support and tips:-)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    5'4". I'm on the high end of short. Started at 163, though I've been as high as 178. I'm between 130-133 now. Though I now a lot of women my height choose to go lower, it wasn't really happening for me. And the deficit was interfering with my life/happiness/lifting. I'm doing a recomp now instead. Eating about 1900 calories.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    coley1029 wrote: »
    I love that there are so many of us 5'2.5" ladies! That .5" is quite important!

And 5'2.5" is also confusing and annoying. MFP insists I'm 5'3", no halves allowed which throws off my settings. I just left it at 5'2" for the extra deficit.
  • omearaee
    omearaee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm just barely 5'3. I have a lot of weight to lose and on a short frame it really shows.
  • msmirandamae
    msmirandamae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg. There are so many 5'2.5'' glad to find out all!
  • Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'5 and a half, and full of awesomeness. Yes the half is everything! while we are at it though you mind grabbing that down for me? K thanks.
  • Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Should note I have always been very comfortable with my height, never really been an obstacle. What I lack in height I make up for with my huge heart.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Amazing that so many of us as 5 foot 2.5, I'm glad it's not just me that a) left my mfp height at 5 feet 2 for the extra deficit and b) finds that 5lbs is a jeans size!!

I'm happy being a shortie (actually I'm quite tall for my family!) but boy do those extra pounds really show!
  • myturn814
    myturn814 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys 4'11.5" here. It has never bothered me being short, but the weight I carried always looked like more on me. It made me feel insecure which in turn made me actually gain more weight and after childbirth I just kept going with the weight. Now I am at a very unhealthy size for my height. I started getting serious about it at the beginning of April and so far I am down 25lbs.
  • FairyGirl22
    FairyGirl22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm glad I'm not the only person hit with the short stick I'm 4'11" but unfortunately I'm underweight. But lots of love and support all around.
  • JoeyCW124
    JoeyCW124 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and happy for people to add me! Currently aiming for 119lbs!
  • ScarletPendarvis
    ScarletPendarvis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5.1 so another short girl here
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    4'11" (and 3/4!) feel free to add me :smile: I'm just working on losing some more weight to speed up my running time :smiley:
  • Bex_hostie
    Bex_hostie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Let's just all take a moment to remember...

"The best things come in small (or short in our case) packages"
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"10 and feel your pain for sure!! Add me!