Advice please

Options
13»

Replies

• FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Also, you can't spot reduce so if you do lose 5 pounds of fat safely over 8-12 weeks (because weight loss is not linear thanks to water and poop in our system), it's likely not all going to come off from your belly. Your body will decide where the fat comes off. A little from your arms, a little from your legs, back, butt, belly, etc. you just notice the belly fat more since it's easy to see just by looking down.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    Half a pound a week is safe. One pound a week is not a route I would take.

Weigh all solids with a kitchen scale and log your food. Consistency and patience are incredibly important! Also use the correct entries. Do NOT use anything with "homemade" ir generic in the title or enteries with an asterisk. Use your food scale and the recipe builder in MFP.

I don't think you appearance is going to change that much in 17 days. Are you going to carry around a scale with you to show everyone that you weigh a certain weight? I would hope not. Just enjoy whatever event you're going to (vacation?).

TL;DR: weigh your food and use correct entries. Goal weight in that time frame is unsafe/impossible. Too little too late.

I'm going to try and do that!!:) It's hard though, as you can see in the pic a few pounds makes a huge difference in the way my shirts fit. I've even had people ask if I was pregnant. It just hurts.

That has happened to me, too. It sucks and it does hurt long after it's said. Just use that as inspiration to do this the RIGHT way. Don't rush it! It can happen. :)

• aliciamanior
    aliciamanior Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Half a pound a week is safe. One pound a week is not a route I would take.

Weigh all solids with a kitchen scale and log your food. Consistency and patience are incredibly important! Also use the correct entries. Do NOT use anything with "homemade" ir generic in the title or enteries with an asterisk. Use your food scale and the recipe builder in MFP.

I don't think you appearance is going to change that much in 17 days. Are you going to carry around a scale with you to show everyone that you weigh a certain weight? I would hope not. Just enjoy whatever event you're going to (vacation?).

TL;DR: weigh your food and use correct entries. Goal weight in that time frame is unsafe/impossible. Too little too late.

I'm going to try and do that!!:) It's hard though, as you can see in the pic a few pounds makes a huge difference in the way my shirts fit. I've even had people ask if I was pregnant. It just hurts.

That has happened to me to. It sucks and it does hurt long after it's said. Just use that as inspiration to do this the RIGHT way. Don't rush it! It can happen. :)

Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!!