Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    lol!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    OP, are you only talking about dinner, or all meals? If it's just dinner, i say treat it just like lunch or breakfast - I assume you don't mirror all of your meals? Honestly, I don't know why most people treat dinner like it's something so special. It's just another meal.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Igoligirl wrote: »
    jaga13 wrote: »
    waldermom wrote: »
    Deconstructing recipes can work really well- we have a couple different food intolerances in the family, as well as a family member on the spectrum who cannot handle things "mixed".

I cook a lot of my dinners in stages- I prep everything before the pan goes on the stove, then, I usually start with the meat- chicken for stir-fry, steak for stroganoff, porkchops, whatever- before the meat's all done, I pull off most and finish the portion for my son, then put the rest back, and continue with the rest of the recipe.

If I'm serving something over pasta, I make gluten free pasta or rice for myself.

If we are having something smothered in tomato sauce, I cook everything up to the that point, stick one portion in another pan, and have a large pan with tomato sauce cooking next to a smaller pan with fauxmato sauce.

Sandwiches mean bread for 2, tortillas for 1 and either gluten free bread, lettuce wraps or corn tortillas for me depending on what we have on hand. The kids even have this routine down and can be trusted to keep me gluten free when they are in charge of fixing lunch. (Every now and then, Mom's ends up on a salad)!

Pizza night is a riot! Homemade sauce, 2 batches of dough in the bread machine, one plain pepperoni with no cheese, one bacon and sauteed veggies, and one on a frozen gluten free crust, the same bacon and sauteed veggies with fauxmato sauce- everyone's happy and gets their needs met.

Another hint- We always keep greens ready in the salad spinner, as well as carrot and celery sticks, and small tomatoes. Everyone can always substitute their favorite raw veggie side, and I can pull together a wonderful dinner of personalized salads in less than 5 minutes!

Hope this helps!

I love it! That's my style. I also make a big salad Sunday nights and just keep adding to it all week long. So if everything else is a bust, my kids can always eat the salad (and I use it for my lunch, too).

I realize OP is talking about an adult, and not kids, but the method applies!

Oh it totally applies. My guy is a 30 yo picky child lol <3

Don't coddle a grown man... it's only gonna get worse.