Options
2»

Replies

• sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    sadiebrawl wrote: »
    I bought a pair of those spandex compression shorts, but they weren't quite long enough, maybe it was the brand. I wear ones that go to my knee now, which aren't bad, but quite honestly, not cute at all. I know it's silly, but sometimes you need to have work out clothes you feel good in. Mostly I wear awful old t shirts and long shorts, but I get envious sometimes of the cute running clothes I see. I also get it under the girls (which is annoying because I have good bras!), so it would be multi purpose.

Have you tried 3/4 or capris like these:

look at me

Yes, I have and love those. I get to hot in long runs on 80+ degree days though. Thanks for all the tips! I'm going to get some glide since it's pretty cheap, but also look into skirts and the different lengths at Old Navy. Thank you all!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I will never exercise in shorts. Don't care how hot it is.
  • sadiebrawl
    Options
    Ok.
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Body glide works wonders for any area of chafing. Best thing to run in for me is a running skirt (or tennis skirt). #skirtrunner
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend compression shorts.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Starter brand compression shorts today and the leg hems are way too tight for me. I is there a brand better suited for larger thighs?
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    deodorant on your inner thighs works in a pinch.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I use fitted Capri . Cute and practical! No shorts eaten and no raw legs. . Because yeah... Chafing is totally a thing.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Body glide is great for the thighs and I use Aquiphor for my feet and bra areas.
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I bought a pair of Starter brand compression shorts today and the leg hems are way too tight for me. I is there a brand better suited for larger thighs?

Nike pro combat have a looser fit than most. They aren't a true compression short according to my running store,but prevent chafing.
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Nike or Under Armour if you're casual. 2XU or Skins if you're hardcore.
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts are great, Brooks has some running shorts with them built in.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I bought a pair of those spandex compression shorts, but they weren't quite long enough, maybe it was the brand. I wear ones that go to my knee now, which aren't bad, but quite honestly, not cute at all. I know it's silly, but sometimes you need to have work out clothes you feel good in. Mostly I wear awful old t shirts and long shorts, but I get envious sometimes of the cute running clothes I see. I also get it under the girls (which is annoying because I have good bras!), so it would be multi purpose.

Try Old Navy for running gear. They have some really cute color combinations and the prices are really reasonable. I have stuff I've been using for over 4 years now and it's held up really well, too.

That's basically all I wear.

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

Try Old Navy for running gear. They have some really cute color combinations and the prices are really reasonable. I have stuff I've been using for over 4 years now and it's held up really well, too.

That's basically all I wear.

I was just at old navy last night. Bought three pairs of running shorts for $8 a piece.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    In addition to body glide, I've also used gold bond "friction defense" with success.
  • amandadunwoody
    amandadunwoody Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I also just got a really cute running skirt from Skirt Sports. Its called the Gym Girl and it runs a little longer with 5in shorties. They are a nice length because they cover the chub and prevent chafing while keeping you cool. It also has pockets which are perfect for keys, gels and your phone. They are kind of pricey but so worth it. I have gone for 7 miles in the skirt and body glide without any chafing. Hope this helps.

Been wanting to find a comfortable workout skirt! I'll have to check it out.
  • sadiebrawl
    Options
    I had to update because I found affordable CUTE and functional shorts at Target (got a PM to check them out - thank you!)
    http://www.target.com/p/c9-champion-women-s-woven-short-with-compression/-/A-16847185#prodSlot=_1_1
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    those are cute!