Clean Eating Question

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP no you won't put the weight back on once you start eating normally again, barring temporary water weight gain.
    As long as you stick to your maintenance calories, you'll be fine.

It's really no ones place to judge how and what you eat. If it works for you, and what you're doing isnt detrimental to your health, then honestly, who cares!!
    I have never understood why these thteads get so out of control. Other than people enjoying prolonging the drama :huh:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »
    My Lays Potato Chips do not contain trans fat.

Did you know that this past Wednesday the American FDA passed a law that all trans fats have to disappear by June 2018 ?
    This is mostly because the snack and baked goods industry has not made good on their promise to do away with, or greatly diminish these fats. The FDA mentioned that trans fats are not healthy for human consumption and while not going into great detail, they mentioned that trans fats are toxic and especially bad for people with obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
    In the meantime people, just like you, need to read labels and make intelligent choices.
    Damn it!!

I make a lot of money selling cakes and cookies. I win contest prizes, etc. My frosting is better than any I've ever tried and I'm always told so by everyone who tries it. I do not share my recipes, but they contain trans fats! Duh! ALL the most tasty treats have trans fats. I no longer eat the yummiest ones because of that, lol, but I sell and give them to others and I like doing it!

I do not know how to hydrogenate in my kitchen and am not sure it could be done.

This bites. If people want to eat that crap, it's their call. I want to make it and they want to eat it.

Now we are going to have black market cakes and cookies. People will be shooting each other over frosting like they do with drugs.

This is BS.

I'm not generally political. But I'm pissed.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Mike+Woodson+Face.gif
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I just don't understand why that is so hard for people to understand and why "it's ok to eat chips and ice cream" turns into "you eat nothing but chips and ice cream".

This is really the most puzzling part of this discussion.

No one ever says "eat only chips and ice cream" (or donuts and Twinkies, etc.) and yet we are constantly accused of saying that just for saying it's okay to eat anything in moderation within a balanced, nutrient-rich diet. It's so frustrating and disingenuous.

I am not accusing of that in anyway. If you read the whole forum you would see that.

You were the one who inferred that people saying there is nothing inherently unhealthy about potato chips or ice cream is equivalent to telling you to stuff your face with them, which is why I think you made this post:

Thank you. I feel like I'm being attacked. I never claimed to be an expert. I just want advice. I just don't think stuffing my face with chips and icecream is what they should be telling me

BOOM

thanks for going back and finding that because I didn't feel like digging through all 9 pages but I knew it was there lol :joy:

You guys are all idiots who obviously have nothing better to do lmao. And I was being a smart *kitten* when I posted the stuffing my face part. I wasn't saying that anyone actually said it. Just that you guys are saying it's not junk food and my opinion is that it is JUNK FOOD :smile: Keep telling yourself it's not TROLL. Actually read your post and thought Wow one of the few posts to actually be nice and get it. lol guess I was wrong. You are all the same on here. Trying to rip people apart. But I won't be teetered. I have lost weight before and will again. I don't care what anybody else's perspective on clean eating is. I didn't ask for that. I was asking if I ate clean till I reached my goal if I'd gain back if I went back to eating what I wanted as long as I was within maintaining calorie range. Instantly people started getting their panties in a wad thinking I actually care how they eat. So if I ask for advise people should atleast give advice on what was asked. And I'm done reading the forum. Not many have nice things to say and I'm obviously not learning anything. I will never post another forum just so I can subject myself to all the laughs and ridicule

Do you see any irony at all in the fact that you are upset because you thought people were laughing at you, ridiculing you, and attacking you (which they were not) and yet you are the one who calls people idiots and trolls?

I was wording Troll because the one I tagged in it called you all trolls when he is now acting like the rest of you. Not really me saying it. I was putting his words back out there. Idiots was all me. I'm not just going to sit back and let you all say whatever you want and not defend myself. People should atleast give advice based on what I asked it for on the forum. Not putting opinions in I didn't ask for
    This happens every time anyone asks about or discusses eating healthy. A whole bunch of people ask questions designed to elicit answers they can make fun of say are NOT what you should be doing. Then you say you want to and they tell how dumb you are and that you won't listen to good advice. Then the Food Braggers show up to say, "I'm eating ice cream right now!" (If someone actually said that, I didn't see it, I skimmed the thread, but I know there had to be Food Bragging because it happens every single time - I'm not picking on any one person. Been using that example a long time. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10029859/whats-your-biggest-weight-loss-fitness-pet-peeve/p16 )

At some point, you finally snap back and they start making fun of you for being stupid, out of control and the one who is rude and nasty (not them! They're just being honest! And it will help you to diet their way instead of the way you'd like to try!).

You aren't alone. It happens all the time. All. The. Time. To anyone and everyone who so much as suggests that eating healthy is the way they want to go.

I'm so very sorry.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I just don't understand why that is so hard for people to understand and why "it's ok to eat chips and ice cream" turns into "you eat nothing but chips and ice cream".

No one ever says "eat only chips and ice cream" (or donuts and Twinkies, etc.) and yet we are constantly accused of saying that just for saying it's okay to eat anything in moderation within a balanced, nutrient-rich diet. It's so frustrating and disingenuous.

I am not accusing of that in anyway. If you read the whole forum you would see that.

You were the one who inferred that people saying there is nothing inherently unhealthy about potato chips or ice cream is equivalent to telling you to stuff your face with them, which is why I think you made this post:

Thank you. I feel like I'm being attacked. I never claimed to be an expert. I just want advice. I just don't think stuffing my face with chips and icecream is what they should be telling me

BOOM

thanks for going back and finding that because I didn't feel like digging through all 9 pages but I knew it was there lol :joy:

You guys are all idiots who obviously have nothing better to do lmao. And I was being a smart *kitten* when I posted the stuffing my face part. I wasn't saying that anyone actually said it. Just that you guys are saying it's not junk food and my opinion is that it is JUNK FOOD :smile: Keep telling yourself it's not TROLL. Actually read your post and thought Wow one of the few posts to actually be nice and get it. lol guess I was wrong. You are all the same on here. Trying to rip people apart. But I won't be teetered. I have lost weight before and will again. I don't care what anybody else's perspective on clean eating is. I didn't ask for that. I was asking if I ate clean till I reached my goal if I'd gain back if I went back to eating what I wanted as long as I was within maintaining calorie range. Instantly people started getting their panties in a wad thinking I actually care how they eat. So if I ask for advise people should atleast give advice on what was asked. And I'm done reading the forum. Not many have nice things to say and I'm obviously not learning anything. I will never post another forum just so I can subject myself to all the laughs and ridicule

Do you see any irony at all in the fact that you are upset because you thought people were laughing at you, ridiculing you, and attacking you (which they were not) and yet you are the one who calls people idiots and trolls?

I was wording Troll because the one I tagged in it called you all trolls when he is now acting like the rest of you. Not really me saying it. I was putting his words back out there. Idiots was all me. I'm not just going to sit back and let you all say whatever you want and not defend myself. People should atleast give advice based on what I asked it for on the forum. Not putting opinions in I didn't ask for
    This happens every time anyone asks about or discusses eating healthy. A whole bunch of people ask questions designed to elicit answers they can make fun of say are NOT what you should be doing. Then you say you want to and they tell how dumb you are and that you won't listen to good advice. Then the Food Braggers show up to say, "I'm eating ice cream right now!" (If someone acts that, I didn't see it, I skimmed the thread, but I know there had to be Food Bragging because it happens every single time - I'm not picking on any one person.)

At some point, you finally snap back and they start making fun of you for being stupid, out of control and the one who is rude and nasty (not them! They're just being honest! And it will help you to diet their way instead of the way you'd like to try!).

You aren't alone. It happens all the time. All. The. Time. To anyone and everyone who so much as suggests that eating healthy is the way they want to go.

I'm so very sorry.

uh because "clean eating" is not "healthy eating"

sorry if you don't understand that
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

BOOM

This happens every time anyone asks about or discusses eating healthy. A whole bunch of people ask questions designed to elicit answers they can make fun of say are NOT what you should be doing. Then you say you want to and they tell how dumb you are and that you won't listen to good advice. Then the Food Braggers show up to say, "I'm eating ice cream right now!" (If someone actually said that, I didn't see it, I skimmed the thread, but I know there had to be Food Bragging because it happens every single time - I'm not picking on any one person.)

I'm so very sorry.

giphy.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

BOOM

This happens every time anyone asks about or discusses eating healthy. A whole bunch of people ask questions designed to elicit answers they can make fun of say are NOT what you should be doing. Then you say you want to and they tell how dumb you are and that you won't listen to good advice. Then the Food Braggers show up to say, "I'm eating ice cream right now!" (If someone actually said that, I didn't see it, I skimmed the thread, but I know there had to be Food Bragging because it happens every single time - I'm not picking on any one person.)

I'm so very sorry.

giphy.gif

LOL
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    OP, I've lost over 70lbs in about 11 months. I have my ocassional emotional binge, DQ Blizzards, burgers and pizza. Track your food. Move a little more. Eat reasonably.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

BOOM

This happens every time anyone asks about or discusses eating healthy. A whole bunch of people ask questions designed to elicit answers they can make fun of say are NOT what you should be doing. Then you say you want to and they tell how dumb you are and that you won't listen to good advice. Then the Food Braggers show up to say, "I'm eating ice cream right now!" (If someone acts that, I didn't see it, I skimmed the thread, but I know there had to be Food Bragging because it happens every single time - I'm not picking on any one person.)

I'm so very sorry.

What do you think is unhealthy about it?

Just curious...

Not that I know what anyone's definition of "clean eating" is.

What do you consider to be "healthy eating"? Is it just hitting macro/micro levels...or is there more to it?

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

BOOM

I'm so very sorry.

What do you think is unhealthy about it?

Just curious...

Not that I know what anyone's definition of "clean eating" is.

What do you consider to be "healthy eating"? Is it just hitting macro/micro levels...or is there more to it?

I am not saying it is unhealthy

it very well may be healthy on an individual basis, but it is not necessary for healthy eating. so in my original statement I meant the two are not equivalent (clean and healthy)

I follow IIFYM so yes, "healthy" for me is meeting calorie, macro, and micro goals (in that order). I advocate IIFYM to those who are new and/or struggling because I was there once too and IIFYM was really the only thing that ever made it sustainable for me

if you are already at your goal and wish to restrict your diet one way or another for whatever reason, then great. that is obviously your decision. but to advocate restrictive diets to people who are having issues losing weight or maintaining their loss is doing them a huge disservice
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    funnycat1.gif

Admit it, we all knew this was coming. Thread is closed for violating guidelines 1 and 2.
This discussion has been closed.