Going to the movies

Options
What do you get to snack on when you go to the movies? I was looking at the calorie counts for buttered AMC popcorn but the numbers are ugly. Unbuttered is an option but I was wondering if there was anything more interesting.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly go to the movies but I can imagine getting some grapes or a few boiled sweets (last for quite a while) would be pretty ideal if you're worried about going over on your calories.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    What do you get to snack on when you go to the movies? I was looking at the calorie counts for buttered AMC popcorn but the numbers are ugly. Unbuttered is an option but I was wondering if there was anything more interesting.

I recently had the same dilemma-I love movie theatre popcorn, injust didn't feel it was worth the insanely high calories.

Instead, I made a couple bags of 100 calorie popcorn and put it in a big Baggie. I brought my "big purse" to sneak it in. It took care of the craving, lasted 1/2 the movie and was way cheaper :-)

Plus, it left me room for raisinets!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I eat before I go. Eating at the movies encourages me to snack mindlessly at other times (i.e. in front of the TV), so I quit doing it.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i always get a kids pack little popcorn little fruit snack and a small drink. I eat light and work out to get the extra calories or just go over a little. the kids pack i think is roughly 500? don't remember for sure though
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I've been sneaking food into movies for half a century: air-popped popcorn, grapes, animal crackers, ginger snaps, a few lemon drops. . . those all work for me.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Unbuttered and bring your own seasoning from your pantry.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I sneak in my own snacks. I dont like pop corn much because it gets stuck around my dental implants and bothers me . Bring whatever you can fit in your calories and whatever fits in your purse !lol
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating during a movie. It's mindless and generally junk. Why not go out for a nice lunch or dinner beforehand?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Rather enjoy my food instead of mindlessly munching while watching a movie.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I always get a diet soda for the movies but I chomp way too loudly to eat at the movies. :disappointed:
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I drank some water instead.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    I drank some water instead.

What movie did you go see? :D
  • worstcaster
    Options
    Avengers 2. My son loved it.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

The wood cutting scene lmao
  • worstcaster
    Options
    I enjoyed the hulk buster fight.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Saw Jurassic World last night. Enjoyed a small diet ginger ale and small popcorn. Still had 140 or so calories left at the end of the day.

I don't always get food when I see a movie but when I have the calories available I allow myself the treat.
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Love movies and love snacking at them. Generally trade out a meal for the privilege. Of course, I don't go too often nowadays...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I sneak in a box of Cracker Jacks, and get a small diet soda.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I eat before I go and can get by without eating for 2 hours.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I liked it too. I rather not see it at 1045 pm though. Late showing movie+ long movie+ with a date= she fell asleep.
    That movie had a lot of talking though and A lot of made up stuff like when did black widow and the hulk start there relationship?