edited June 2015
    Options
    PS there's a difference between data and anecdotes
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I don't understand what you are asking, then. Your logging isn't really logging at all - it's all guesswork, estimations, approximations, possibilities, and maybe a little magic. Then you come off as annoyed and defensive when an experienced member with established success nudges you about that.

So log it or don't. With the way you are handling it now, it really won't make a difference either way. Look - there are great tools available here if you are open to using them. But it sounds like you already believe you know it all. Maybe you don't mean to come off that way, but if you can't engage in a straightforward conversation that includes some gentle challenges, then what's the point of posting the question at all?

^This.

OP, if you're just looking for validation for what you wanted to do, it was unnecessary to post. As you said, you've lost weight before. You've taken the time to reiterate that point over and over again. If you feel that not logging food correctly and logging inflated exercise burns while eating most of those calories back is the way to get you to your goals again, who are we to argue? You're obviously not seeking real input.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ProjectSYD wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

PS: this thread was a general question - the question being should you log physical activity out of the norm. Like a 3 hour hike through the woods, or a mix I laps and water sports. I didn't ask you to analyze my diary. Mostly because when I log food I log more than I eat (to be safe since MFP isn't 100% accurate and I also log my exercise much lower intensity than I actually do with less time). But you made assumptions and you sound like a complete idiot and an *kitten*.

Well one of us does
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

PS: this thread was a general question - the question being should you log physical activity out of the norm. Like a 3 hour hike through the woods, or a mix I laps and water sports. I didn't ask you to analyze my diary. Mostly because when I log food I log more than I eat (to be safe since MFP isn't 100% accurate and I also log my exercise much lower intensity than I actually do with less time). But you made assumptions and you sound like a complete idiot and an *kitten*.

No don't log it...that easy.

If you didn't log the "cheat meal" then you don't log "a leisurely" hike in the woods.

I walk 8k a day without exercise and I don't log it...

As for Rabbit sounding like an *kitten* or an idiot..nope but you do now.

ETA: you asked for opinions and got it now do what you want...it's what you were gonna do anyway.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    PgPmj.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Not even ah

Well one of us does

Not even sure what that's supposed to mean. Why do you troll the forums with nothing helpful to say? Do you have anything better to do with your time?

Usually it's helpful to get a feel for a place before you start posting. If you'd done that, you'd see that Rabbit is one of the more knowledgeable posters around here.

Rabbit's first post to you was spot on.

If you're logging, be consistent. With everything.

If your aim isn't to be as accurate as possible, what's the point?

Your past success is not an indication that you fully understand everything there is to know about losing weight and keeping it off long term. Isn't that what you want to ultimately do?

Instead of narrowing your focus and trying to act like you know it all at your age, stick around and try to learn something from those of us who have been around the block a few times more than you have. We've got a lot more experience at this game than you do.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

If you were logging accurately, then yes. Since you're not, don't bother.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Y
    I don't understand what you are asking, then. Your logging isn't really logging at all - it's all guesswork, estimations, approximations, possibilities, and maybe a little magic. Then you come off as annoyed and defensive when an experienced member with established success nudges you about that.

So log it or don't. With the way you are handling it now, it really won't make a difference either way. Look - there are great tools available here if you are open to using them. But it sounds like you already believe you know it all. Maybe you don't mean to come off that way, but if you can't engage in a straightforward conversation that includes some gentle challenges, then what's the point of posting the question at all?

^This.

OP, if you're just looking for validation for what you wanted to do, it was unnecessary to post. As you said, you've lost weight before. You've taken the time to reiterate that point over and over again. If you feel that not logging food correctly and logging inflated exercise burns while eating most of those calories back is the way to get you to your goals again, who are we to argue? You're obviously not seeking real input.

Are you illiterate? Because your post obviously would suggest that you are.

Inflation makes it sound like I'm logging more exercise than I'm actually performing when I'm doing the opposite.

I LOG LESS MINUTES OF EXERCISE THAN I ACTUALLY PERFORM.

I LOG MORE FOOD THAN I ACTUALLY EAT.

Example: I run for 40 minutes on the elliptical at 16-18 mph.

I LOG 20 MINUTES AT 12 MPH.

I eat 21g of cheese.

I LOG 30g

The point of this thread was to start a discussion about logging activities out of the norm. I'm not looking for validitification - you amount many others on here (I'll refer to you as morons or idiots from now on, you probably aren't even real people but just trolls on the internet like reddit) went and looked at my diary and started analyzing it.

THAT WASNT THE POINT

If you are not going to log accurately why bother. :D

I agree with everyone else.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Not even ah

Well one of us does

Not even sure what that's supposed to mean. Why do you troll the forums with nothing helpful to say? Do you have anything better to do with your time?

rabbit is one of the most helpful people on here, and is FAR MORE patient than I normally am. You asked for advice. you got it. you don't like it fine, your weight loss will stall and then you'll be back posting and wondering why and someone will dig up this thread and go 'HERE'.

i swim every day and can GUARANTEE you you're NOT burning 800+ calories.

But do as you will. It's your weight and health on the line, not ours....
  • PeachyCarol
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Y

^This.

Are you illiterate? Because your post obviously would suggest that you are.

Inflation makes it sound like I'm logging more exercise than I'm actually performing when I'm doing the opposite.

I LOG LESS MINUTES OF EXERCISE THAN I ACTUALLY PERFORM.

I LOG MORE FOOD THAN I ACTUALLY EAT.

Example: I run for 40 minutes on the elliptical at 16-18 mph.

I LOG 20 MINUTES AT 12 MPH.

I eat 21g of cheese.

I LOG 30g

The point of this thread was to start a discussion about logging activities out of the norm. I'm not looking for validitification - you amount many others on here (I'll refer to you as morons or idiots from now on, you probably aren't even real people but just trolls on the internet like reddit) went and looked at my diary and started analyzing it.

THAT WASNT THE POINT

No son, inflation irt exercise burns means crediting too many calories being burned from the activity when logging it. Stick around more and learn the site terminology. I am trying to teach you what you wanted to know.

As far as not logging or logging activity out of the norm, this has already been answered. You don't choose to log food consumption out of the norm (your buffet eating), your extra activity should not then be logged either. A bit of walking would certainly not cancel out a buffet binge, at any rate.

Water under the bridge, you don't seem to welcome any input.

This discussion has been closed.