70 pounds in 6 months!!

Options
124»

Replies

• misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you look amazing!! I'm new here.. Any tips you have? What did u set your daily goals as or did u let the app set then based on age, weight etc.?

Thank you! I set my carbs at 50, fat at 30 & protein at 20.. I started with 1500 calories but now I am so hungry because my metabolism is super fast so I'm eating anywhere from 1700-2000 a day

Tips I have is do not cut out everything quickly, do it slowly.
    Week one- I cut down on fast food
    Week 2 - cut down even more
    Week 3 - cut down on pop
    Week 4 or 5- cut it out
    Replace your bad habits with healthier- you don't have to go from burger & large fries to a salad with no dressing (lol)

For example I replaced Nutella with dark chocolate almonds because the dark chocolate is so rich I could only have 3/4 of a serving

I replaced chips with a granola bar

Stuff like that you don't have to be perfectly "healthy" you can have things in moderation as long as you are balancing out fats & carbs (this is just my logic)

I'd also rather have 250 calorie snack that I made myself than have a 100 calorie bag of something
    First reason is that the 100 cal snack isn't going to hold me & I'll probably go back to the kitchen & have more to eat
    So I just wasted 100 calories on garbage rather than just going to get a piece of toast with peanut butter & a banana

I set tiny goals throughout the week like " today I'm going to burn 100 more calories in my workout" "instead of eating chocolate today I will have strawberries with whip cream"

Small goals will help you to reach your ultimate goal :)

• misssmadalyn
    Options
    Awesome job you look amazing!! I'm new here.. Any tips you have? What did u set your daily goals as or did u let the app set then based on age, weight etc.?

Thank you! I set my carbs at 50, fat at 30 & protein at 20.. I started with 1500 calories but now I am so hungry because my metabolism is super fast so I'm eating anywhere from 1700-2000 a day

Tips I have is do not cut out everything quickly, do it slowly.
    Week one- I cut down on fast food
    Week 2 - cut down even more
    Week 3 - cut down on pop
    Week 4 or 5- cut it out
    Replace your bad habits with healthier- you don't have to go from burger & large fries to a salad with no dressing (lol)

For example I replaced Nutella with dark chocolate almonds because the dark chocolate is so rich I could only have 3/4 of a serving

I replaced chips with a granola bar

Stuff like that you don't have to be perfectly "healthy" you can have things in moderation as long as you are balancing out fats & carbs (this is just my logic)

I'd also rather have 250 calorie snack that I made myself than have a 100 calorie bag of something
    First reason is that the 100 cal snack isn't going to hold me & I'll probably go back to the kitchen & have more to eat
    So I just wasted 100 calories on garbage rather than just going to get a piece of toast with peanut butter & a banana

I set tiny goals throughout the week like " today I'm going to burn 100 more calories in my workout" "instead of eating chocolate today I will have strawberries with whip cream"

Small goals will help you to reach your ultimate goal :)

& having the small goals set will make the day exciting because you're accomplishing something everyday :)

• misssmadalyn
    Options
    Denise7157 wrote: »
    Impressive! Did you start out at the gym with a trainer or on your own??

I started on my own & then I had 10 sessions with a trainer :) now I'm just back to doing it myself because i know so much more than I did before
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    Congratulations! :)

Thank you ❤️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!