1 year on, 117lbs lost! (Pictures)

Options
miaa0308
miaa0308 Posts: 13 Member
Today marks exactly one year since I started my weight loss efforts. I began because I was fed up of being held back by my body. I was embarrassed and ashamed of what I had grew up to be. I felt uncomfortable constantly and was adamant my life would be drastically improved if I was smaller and fitter.

I was right!

Start Weight: 302lbs/137kg
Current Weight:185lbs/84kg
Total lost in 1 year: 117lbs/53kg
I am female, 22 years old, 5’6”.

Before:
0t0wln7imdie.png

Now:
i8t0xr1qx116.png

1uqz5raycg0z.png

I still have around 14kgs to go before I reach my goal weight, but I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made in just one year.

I’ve lost the weight through calorie counting (around 1300 cals a day) and focusing on a high protein diet, drinking at least 3 litres of (flavoured) water every day, and exercising. Mostly, I swim. In fact – I’ve swam 13,202 lengths since I started!

I don’t claim to have a particularly ‘clean’ diet. I eat a packet of crisps and a ‘low fat/healthy living’ chocolate yoghurt every day, but I make sensible choices and prioritise making my lifestyle sustainable and not depriving myself.

I am very happy to offer help or support to anyone who wants it – you can drop me a message on here or email me at miaa030892@gmail.com

If I can do it, anyone can!

Replies

• annahandlinis
    annahandlinis Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well done you look amazing :)
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    very well done, you look great love
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and dedication! Good stuff.
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You've done so well and look absolutely beautiful! You're so close to your goal too, Im proud of you.
  • 4800volts
    4800volts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow such a great effort you go girl nothing can stop you now good luck
  • babylovers
    babylovers Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job- I would like advice on messing up . I do so good and loose weight fast but then there's those days occasionally I mess up like on the weekend and have some drink or eat out with my family. What did you do and feel when you had those days where you totally messed up?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You are doing amazing...

babylovers...when you mess up for a meal, or a day, or a weekend...you just get back started the next meal or day. I try and log those days so I can fully own them and then move on. If I feel like it's been a few days, I will sometimes try and eat really "clean" for a few days to get back on track. to me that means, limit my food to lean proteins, fruits, and veggies only.
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look great!
    Actually we are quite similar!
    I'm 21 years old, My start weight was 122 kg (currently 114) and I plan to go to around 70/65 kg
    I am only a little bit taller 5'7
    Seeing your progress in one year really motivates me! I hope I can have a thread like you one day
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look awesome. You should be very proud of your success!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Nice work, you look fabulous! A true inspiration.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great work!! Nice dedication along with a superb reward!!
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    miaa0308 wrote: »
    Today marks exactly one year since I started my weight loss efforts. I began because I was fed up of being held back by my body. I was embarrassed and ashamed of what I had grew up to be. I felt uncomfortable constantly and was adamant my life would be drastically improved if I was smaller and fitter.

I was right!

Start Weight: 302lbs/137kg
    Current Weight:185lbs/84kg
    Total lost in 1 year: 117lbs/53kg
    I am female, 22 years old, 5’6”.

Before:
    0t0wln7imdie.png

Now:
    i8t0xr1qx116.png

1uqz5raycg0z.png

I still have around 14kgs to go before I reach my goal weight, but I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made in just one year.

I’ve lost the weight through calorie counting (around 1300 cals a day) and focusing on a high protein diet, drinking at least 3 litres of (flavoured) water every day, and exercising. Mostly, I swim. In fact – I’ve swam 13,202 lengths since I started!

I don’t claim to have a particularly ‘clean’ diet. I eat a packet of crisps and a ‘low fat/healthy living’ chocolate yoghurt every day, but I make sensible choices and prioritise making my lifestyle sustainable and not depriving myself.

I am very happy to offer help or support to anyone who wants it – you can drop me a message on here or email me at miaa030892@gmail.com

If I can do it, anyone can!

You look amazing....great work...awesome...congrats
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!
    Good luck on reaching your ultimate goal!
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You look so happy - all your hard work has paid off! Congrats!!
  • traveling12015
    traveling12015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look AWESOME!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
  • NotThatGirlAnymore
    NotThatGirlAnymore Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look amazing... congrats on your success!!!!

dance.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!