Best tasting plain yogurt.

Options

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek yoghurt, 2% or fat free

The whole fat version of this is the answer. Reminds me of ice cream.

Don't fear dietary fat. It's one of the worst mistakes you could make from a Nutrition standpoint, too.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't fear fat. I just prefer it in other foods besides yogurt. (Cheese or ribeye, for example.) If I enjoyed full fat yogurt substantially more than low fat I'd eat it, but I don't.
  • kimberlyjoy159
    kimberlyjoy159 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Fage group (2%). I use it as a substitute in any recipe calling for sour cream or mayo. It is pretty much an obsession. When I first started eating it I added honey , but I now love the tart flavor with just berries or homemade granola.
  • xXSarahPrincessXx
    xXSarahPrincessXx Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I don't fear fat. I just prefer it in other foods besides yogurt. (Cheese or ribeye, for example.) If I enjoyed full fat yogurt substantially more than low fat I'd eat it, but I don't.
    With you on that one, except instead of rib eye make it peanut butter and almonds and stuff like that lol. But yeah, I get fat free stoneyfield organic.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If you ever visit Cyprus, try the yogurt there and you'll realize you've been living a yogurt lie.
    Even the "Greek style" yogurt in Cyprus pales in comparison.

Cypriots have 2 staples on their kitchen table for every single meal: Yogurt and a fresh salad. If those 2 things are not on the table, you are eating with imposters... ;)
  • hvjc
    hvjc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Liberte plain 2%, Liberte greek 2% or if you want to be indulgent, their 9% plain is amazing. I find that once you get used to plain yogurt, it tastes so much better than any of the sweetened/fruit flavoured yogurts.
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    If you ever visit Cyprus, try the yogurt there and you'll realize you've been living a yogurt lie.
    Even the "Greek style" yogurt in Cyprus pales in comparison.

Cypriots have 2 staples on their kitchen table for every single meal: Yogurt and a fresh salad. If those 2 things are not on the table, you are eating with imposters... ;)

The closest yogurt I've found to what you're talking about is White Mountain Bulgarian yogurt. It very close to what my grandmother used to make (I'm part Lebanese).

The way they eat is probably why they live to be 90+ :smile:
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek yoghurt, 2% or fat free

Yeah Fage too for me. Low in fat, high in protein, lacking in taste. What ya gonna do.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fage Full Fat

Siggi's Icelandic is good too.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I know it's not a plain yogurt, but I've started eating "20g" Yogurt by Arla (in the Uk). 20g of protein at 140 cals. Three flavours. Tastes pretty good.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I buy the Kirkland brand at Costco. I go through so much I that the $6 for two 32oz tubs beats the $5-$6 I pay for one tub of Fage.

I was buying Straus Family Creamery Whole Milk Greek Yogurt for $5 for 32oz. It was AMAZING and worth the price, but my local Raley's stopped carrying it. It's $7 at Whole Foods and I can't justify driving across town to pay more for it. :cry:
  • _Silver_
    _Silver_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fage with honey. I tried the chobani Greek and it made me gag. I think it was because it wasn't as thick, it was too watery.
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Fage 2%. I add my own fruit, usually Wyman's frozen blueberries (they are smaller in size and fit in those single serve yogurt containers better).

• kingnarsis
    kingnarsis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I make my own Greek yogurt from organic whole milk, drain the whey, very rich and creamy, no additives. Not hard at all.
    Do you also drink the whey of the yogurt?
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fage + a small squirt of Mio
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    fage full fat - i eat it for breakfast every morning with 2 different kinds of fruits mixed in. delicious.
  • _Silver_
    Options
    kruuTahn wrote: »

That is interesting.
  • _Silver_
    Options
    kruuTahn wrote: »

That is interesting.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    _Silver_ wrote: »
    Fage with honey. I tried the chobani Greek and it made me gag. I think it was because it wasn't as thick, it was too watery.

Chobani plain is disgusting.
    Cabot Greek plain is even worse and I <3 Cabot cheese, butter, and cottage cheese.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I make my own Greek yogurt from organic whole milk, drain the whey, very rich and creamy, no additives. Not hard at all.

I make plain regular but never strained the whey. Mine is always sticky tho. I use 0% or 1% milk tho