PIZZA!!!

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I would try it once to see what it tasted like; however, give me real pizza any day of the week.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    no, I should not try it and I won't.

but glad you enjoyed it.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Cauliflower bake with sauce and mozzarella is absolutely delicious-in the same way that eggplant Parmesan or zucchini lasagna is delicious. But it is, in no way, shape, or form PIZZA!

as an italian, I find the bolded part offensive :)
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Cauliflower bake with sauce and mozzarella is absolutely delicious-in the same way that eggplant Parmesan or zucchini lasagna is delicious. But it is, in no way, shape, or form PIZZA!

Italian myself! You'd be surprised, "cauliflower pizza" is actually very good. And now I want eggplant parm. And pizza. I need to move back to NJ
  • ndj1979
    Options

Italian myself! You'd be surprised, "cauliflower pizza" is actually very good. And now I want eggplant parm. And pizza. I need to move back to NJ

traitor!!! lolz
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

traitor!!! lolz

...(half Irish)....
  • ndj1979
    Options

traitor!!! lolz

...(half Irish)....

lol….
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

yup
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I am now reminded I used to make some kind of red onion, cauli, brocolli, feta or halloumi egg thing and bake it to make slices of actually quite yumminess

must dig out that now it's getting hot again
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Tried it during comp prep ....clicked my heels together 3 times, closed my eyes and imagined as hard as I could and...........Blurgghhhhhhh! :s LOL

Just wasn't for me but I know a lot of people who love it.

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Lol, I remember always hearing about how mashed cauliflower with butter and milk would taste EXACTLY if not better than mashed potatoes. Um, for me, nope, nope nope. Yuk!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I am now reminded I used to make some kind of red onion, cauli, brocolli, feta or halloumi egg thing and bake it to make slices of actually quite yumminess

come on! :( LOLZ
  • corryigo
    corryigo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have made mini pizzas using Zucchini slices, that was good.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

That sounds yummy. Recipe?
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza is right up there with taco pizza. If I want a taco I will eat a taco, if I want cauliflower I will eat cauliflower but leave my pizza alone!
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Actually, I really really like zucchini boats and they are sooo much easier to prep. Most of us tend to have impulse cravings for pizza and this allows you to make it fast and its super healthy. A zucchini has like 30 calories for the whole thing so the bulk of your calories are on the toppings and sauce. Skim milk cheese really helps keep that down and my meal is usually around 200 cals for a plate full of pizza.

If the zucchini is small, cut them in half, If they are fairly big, cut them in 3rds of 4ths. Note that you might need to eat it with a knife and fork if you cut it more than once.

Bake it at 350 (covered with foil) for 30 minutes then 5 minutes uncovered.
    mwu4tqyu8pwv.jpg

Also, if you don't mind a few extra calories, use flour tortillas for the crust. They are around 80-140 cals. assemble it like a typical pizza BUT make sure you crisp it up for like 5 minutes in the oven before you start it because it will get soggy if you don't. Just bake it until the cheese is melted at whatever heat.
    56rviw80lvb6.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Options

come on! :( LOLZ

Seriously yeah :grin: ... I likes all da foods

it ain't pizza though .. cos pizza :bigsmile:

That sounds yummy. Recipe?

I think it was an adaptation of a paleo recipe like this http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/cauliflower-broccoli-halloumi-fritters/

I think I preferred the feta instead of the halloumi and probably adjusted the proportions and cut out the ghee but I'm more of a 'taste it and see' cook .. I certainly added the onion into it (red onion chopped fine, no pre-cooking)
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    When talking cauliflower....I'll take one of these. :)
    ftv08bqwduu5.jpg
    CP.jpg 434.2K