HCLF

Options
I've tried a keto diet, paleo, LCLF, all sorts of diets and none of them work in the long run. Then when I went vegan for ethical reasons I also discovered HCLF, and after trying it I'm amazed! I eat 2500 calories a day (Female) and lose weight by even sitting on the couch ;) And when I say lose weight I mean like a pound a day or more! I totally recomend this to everyone, carbs are not scary they are your best food for weightloss and energy! And of course I mean whole foods now, not processed junk. Fruit are definitely a great source of nutrition and energy, going to have 150g of sugar from fruit for breakfast now. For people just seeking health an 80c/10p/10f diet would be great (don't eat less than 2000 calories for females and 2500 for males) and maybe a 65c/20p/15f for bodybuilders.

Replies

• breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    glad you've found something that works for you :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Interesting. How long have you been losing weight? What are your stats (weight/height)?
  • sociopathiclisa
    sociopathiclisa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Interesting. How long have you been losing weight? What are your stats (weight/height)?
    I struggled a bit in the beginning because I thought I'd gain from eating 2000+ calories a day so I still kinda restricted carbs and calories so I would binge later (plant food calories burn so much quicker), didn't gain much from that because it was such a short period and when I started eating a lot of rice, potatoes, gluten free and full grain pasta and lots of fruit and vegetables and the weight just started dropping, at least 3 lbs a week and the most was in the beginning when I dropped all water weight (7 lbs), I've been losing for a month and a half I think? I'm 119 lbs and 5'7 . But everyone's body is going to react different but weightloss will definitely happen if you're overweight or obese or just have excess fat, 30 min walk a day is enough exercise. And water is important for all the fiber you'll be consuming.
  • sociopathiclisa
    Options
    Also all calories are not created equal, if you eat 3000 calories of fruit you can actually lose weight but if you eat 3000 calories of animal products and high fat foods you'll probably gain and get a lot of health problems.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Nice username.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Also all calories are not created equal, if you eat 3000 calories of fruit you can actually lose weight but if you eat 3000 calories of animal products and high fat foods you'll probably gain and get a lot of health problems.

Calories are created equal and if your TDEE is less than the number of calories you take in you will gain weight regardless of where those the calories come from.

I'm so pleased you've found something that works for you and you're having success :) but unfortunately this diet has not re-invented the wheel.

Remember calories will dictate what you weigh on the scale, macros will determine how heavy you look.

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    And when I say lose weight I mean like a pound a day or more! I totally recomend this to everyone, carbs are not scary they are your best food for weightloss and energy! And of course I mean whole foods now, not processed junk. Fruit are definitely a great source of nutrition and energy, going to have 150g of sugar from fruit for breakfast now. .

The obese guy who ate literally nothing for a year didn't lose 1 lb/day.

Our nutrition advice is to limit total sugars to 120g/day so no thanks.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    So, in other words, back to the 90's food pyramid? No thanks.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    OMG! It's Freelee the Banana Girl! Here! On MFP! OMG!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Wrong. All calories are equal as far as weight loss is concerned.

I'm glad you found what works for you, but there is no "one way" to lose weight. Every body is different and has different needs so what works for one will not work for another. The only commonality among those who have lost weight is that they eat fewer calories than they burn.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

That's exactly what I was thinking.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    You are 5'7" 119 lbs and losing 1 lb per day?!? It sounds like you need to call a doctor, not promote your plan.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Lol!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I'll take stuff that never happened for $500 Alex.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a sweet diet plan!
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If I keep shaking my head no at all the naïve posts, I'm going to end up with a concussion.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Damn, you beat me to it.

pttsm95mpeee.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I'll take stuff that never happened for $500 Alex.

Look! It's a Daily Double!

• sociopathiclisa
    Options
    Nope I don't follow Freelee haha