Possible to have toned arms in just 6 weeks?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    markiend wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    @aggelikik um, I guess "slim down" is not the right term? Uhh, let's just say I'm trying to gain some muscle. I'm doing cardio and some weight lifting. Not too much though. I just need a proportioned body. People said I'm skinny-fat

Ignore the haters .. skinny fat is an insult the same as calling somebody fat or skinny

that said , continue what you are doing..exercise wise if you are wanting to see some muscle. You won't get bulky...

grab some scales though to be sure of exactly what you are eating, then go from there once you start to understand macros and calories

good luck

What the hell? She is 5' 2 with a bodyweight of 45kg which gives her a BMI of 18.1 .. well under underweight with all the health implications that brings - putting on 8.9kg would put her in the middle of the healthy weight range

She should not be eating only 1200 calories

She should be eating above maintenance and lifting progressively heavier

where is this information in her original post ?

here
    I've posted here before, but I'm back with a question again. Is it possible to slim down and have toned arms in just 6 weeks? So far, I work out twice a week for an hour. School and work is really tiring so it's the best I could do. I'm attending an important event on July 30, and I need to get a better figure.

P.S.
    Female, Asian, 18 y/o, 45kg, 5ft 2inch

and here
    @livingleanlivingclean eating 1200 calories a day and I log every food that goes in my mouth. I don't have a food scale though, so I'm not sure.

Hmm... More than 6 weeks?

sorry I scrolled to her original post and can see no mention of 1200 calories.. again can you see it

What?

Why? Can't you read the quotes in my post above yours? I even bolded it for you.

• annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @livingleanlivingclean eating 1200 calories a day and I log every food that goes in my mouth. I don't have a food scale though, so I'm not sure.

Right here
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

Ignore the haters .. skinny fat is an insult the same as calling somebody fat or skinny

Skinny fat is not an insult. It has become a common term for someone who has put themselves into a catoblic state resulting in a body composition that comprises of little lean mass and high body fat.

IMHO it is often meant in a derogatory manner, hence an insult if it directs a young woman here worrying about her appearance.

Common usage of a term doesn't mean it cannot be used in an insulting manner..... as I suspect in this case

It can be, yes, and I hope it wasn't in this case (was it, OP?)

However, I think it's a useful idea in that it can provide a language for dissatisfaction that leads to a solution that is NOT starving and losing more weight. I.e. strength training and recomposition, which is what I think you should do, OP.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @aggelikik um, I guess "slim down" is not the right term? Uhh, let's just say I'm trying to gain some muscle. I'm doing cardio and some weight lifting. Not too much though. I just need a proportioned body. People said I'm skinny-fat

that said , continue what you are doing..exercise wise if you are wanting to see some muscle. You won't get bulky...

grab some scales though to be sure of exactly what you are eating, then go from there once you start to understand macros and calories

good luck

What the hell? She is 5' 2 with a bodyweight of 45kg which gives her a BMI of 18.1 .. well under underweight with all the health implications that brings - putting on 8.9kg would put her in the middle of the healthy weight range

here
    I've posted here before, but I'm back with a question again. Is it possible to slim down and have toned arms in just 6 weeks? So far, I work out twice a week for an hour. School and work is really tiring so it's the best I could do. I'm attending an important event on July 30, and I need to get a better figure.

P.S.

and here

sorry I scrolled to her original post and can see no mention of 1200 calories.. again can you see it

What?

Why? Can't you read the quotes in my post above yours? I even bolded it for you.

what ...her original post ( the one I replied to ) makes absolutely NO mention of a 1200 calorie diet.. I wouldn't have even bothered replying had I see that it did... I give up..I only asked you about her original opening post..not all the others...

jeez what a muppet
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

good luck

here

P.S.

and here

What?

what ...her original post ( the one I replied to ) makes absolutely NO mention of a 1200 calorie diet.. I wouldn't have even bothered replying had I see that it did... I give up..I only asked you about her original opening post..not all the others...

jeez what a muppet

Are you referring to yourself or me?

Because her OP did mention her height and weight which is the major issue as it puts her at underweight

It's OK to make a mistake ..it happens when you skim read or respond quickly ..not a big deal, just wouldn't have wanted bad advice to stand