Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• Bearoniman
    Bearoniman Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    spraying that pine tree scent in the steam room and sauna...
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    What's funny about this thread is we all have done the things being said on this thread. Not sure why some are offended by when someone posts what bothers them.
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    when a staff member comes over and asks me what im "trying" to do and to stop doing it (simple hip thrusters, which i do regularly) because somebody came to them and complained saying they thought i looked like i was going to hurt my back? wtf?!?! what about the bros in the corner trying to "rep out" 100k clean and jerks with horrendous form while screaming and yelling and dropping weights?!? :/
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    when a staff member comes over and asks me what im "trying" to do and to stop doing it (simple hip thrusters, which i do regularly) because somebody came to them and complained saying they thought i looked like i was going to hurt my back? wtf?!?! what about the bros in the corner trying to "rep out" 100k clean and jerks with horrendous form while screaming and yelling and dropping weights?!? :/

Lol, do you work out at planet fitness? Sounds like something that would happen there..maybe not the yelling though
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    lol, nope my local ymca
  • kwiet_storm
    kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What's funny about this thread is we all have done the things being said on this thread. Not sure why some are offended by when someone posts what bothers them.

It bothers some cos they happen to fit the bill. Truth hurts i guess. :D

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    skaffle wrote: »
    The only thing that I don't like about the gym is when people grunt or make loud noises while lifting. When I deadlift 20lb dumbbells I never make a sound, so there's really no excuse for anyone else.

I also hate it when people sweat at the gym. If you're sweating while working out, then you're doing something wrong. None of the other cyborgs sweat, so you obviously need to get fixed.

Oh and another thing I hate at the gym is when people go with their freinds and they talk and laugh and stuff like that. It's just disrespectful, honestly. When you go to the gym it's time to workout and be serious not joke around and have fun.

And another thing I hate at the gym is when people wear too much perfume/cologne, but I also hate it when they stink. Basically I just hate it when people are close enough to me that I can smell them, whether the scent is good or bad is irrelevant.

I hate it when I'm out in public and people look at me, but especially when I'm at the gym. The first thing I learned in my Self Defense ("How to Identify Sexual Predators") 103 class was that you NEVER make eye contact with strangers in public. Creepers seriously need to learn how to stare at the ground like decent, normal people do.

I hate seeing people at the gym wearing tank tops or short shorts or jeans or yoga pants or weight belts or hair gel or makeup or shoes. SOOoo annoying.

But yeah, that's pretty much it. That's the one thing that bothers me at the gym.

:D
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Bearoniman wrote: »
    spraying that pine tree scent in the steam room and sauna...

I find that lavendar is much more pleasant.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Not letting me have all the fans.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    Girls who come in with full (and heavy) faces of makeup & people who bring beach/bath towels (usually ratty with mysterious stains)... just to walk on the treadmill.

I also don't get this one. Am I the only person who goes to the gym right after work?

I go the gym from work but I pack makeup remover wipes in my gym bag. I know I'm going to get sweaty and it's probably not good for my skin to have to sweat through full makeup. Also saves getting makeup all over my face towel.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people dont put the bloody equipment away and dont wipe down the machines when theu have finished, Ewwwww
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    People are taking what I'm saying far to heart.. : /

Nah, just pointing out that you can't make a generalization based off something not being in line with your specific goals.
    If you can understand what I mean like when young guys typically who don't seem to have the body structure to be taking on such a high level of weight who are clearly struggling manage to do maybe 8 reps and they allow their weights to just smash on the ground?

because you shouldn't workout unless you're going to do 10-12 reps, right?
    Can you stop trying to be so passive aggressive.. You're not getting anywhere with the conversation. Most people will tell you its better to do more sets than it is reps. The fact that they're working out is great just whats the point in possibly injuring yourself instead of maintaining a steady increment and working up to a higher weight.

Who told you how to lift?

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    Girls who come in with full (and heavy) faces of makeup & people who bring beach/bath towels (usually ratty with mysterious stains)... just to walk on the treadmill.

I also don't get this one. Am I the only person who goes to the gym right after work?

I go the gym from work but I pack makeup remover wipes in my gym bag. I know I'm going to get sweaty and it's probably not good for my skin to have to sweat through full makeup. Also saves getting makeup all over my face towel.

I wear eye makeup, but other than blush all I wear on my face is mattifying balm, so I don't really think it would cause me skin problems. At least, it never has.
  • pf1975_NW
    pf1975_NW Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I recently saw someone on the leg press machine reading a book! I kid you not!
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I quit going to a gym 3 years ago, but perfume and cologne were my biggest peeves. Sometimes it was strong enough to choke me. If I'm working out, I'm breathing hard enough as it is!

A more minor peeve was at my gym, there were dozens of treadmills, but only one or two that had really good airflow from the ceiling fans. Since I run hard and sweat a lot, those were my favorites, but they always seemed to be occupied by someone walking slowly and bundled up like Kenny from South Park. Sweatshirt on, hood up, strings pulled close, just their eyes showing.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Not toweling machines! :s I can handle a lot of gross things. But my body sitting in someone else's sweat that I didn't realize was there is an instant 0 to 60 rage. Same goes with treadmills. There's this crazy belief in a lot of gyms that sweating all over handle bars and leaving it there is acceptable because it's "just where hands go". NOPE!
  • MurrayBigH
    MurrayBigH Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The guy counting his set out loudly ONE, TWO - GTFO
  • kwiet_storm
    Options

pf1975_NW wrote: »
    I recently saw someone on the leg press machine readi :D ng a book! I kid you not!

Reading a book? Dammn, I didn't know people that. What's next, bring a portable TV.
  • kwiet_storm
    Options
    Farting in the gym. :D
  • tylahquartez323
    tylahquartez323 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    Don't rerack weights in proper place