Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• veganstephanie
    veganstephanie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    while taking my zumba classes, the guys hog the machines in front of the window so they can stare for a long period of time and others cant use those 3-4 pieces of equipment.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of people who go to the gym just to pick at things they don't like about people who go to the gym. You know the kind I'm talking about. They're the people staring at everyone with a scowl on their faces instead of paying attention to what they're doing. I usually don't notice them until I hear them complaining to each other about someone's shorts being too short, or they're sitting on a bench I want to use texting MFP about how they just saw some guy drop a loaded barbell and it annoyed them.

Haha, I think you win with that answer.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    omg so many things........

people getting on the machine next to me when theres a whole row of them open.
    people talking. on the phone, to each other, i dont care. dont even try to talk to me. stfu
    people who dont wipe down their machines
    people who wear perfume or stinky (i call of it it stinky if i can smell it) lotions or scents
    this might be unique to my gym but there is a window between the cardio room and lobby. I hate it when people enter the lobby, and go up to the window and stare at the people working out.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    -People who do aerobics in the free weights sections
    -People who leave the equipment soaking wet (is that cleaning spray or your juices?! Eww!)
    -That one guy who trains arms every.single.effing.day
    -That same guy who does decline push ups IN THE EFFING SQUAT RACK!
    -Just that guy. Screw that guy.
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    People who radically drop weights once their finished, making a loud Bang and making everyone quickly turn heads. I always worry someone's going to get hurt. : /

What if the weight is heavy? Am I supposed to risk injury to let it down slowly and silently?
    You're risking injury by stacking/ trying to go too over a proper weight limit. No ones asking for it to be slowly but the point of lifting is to have control and dropping it like a shot put isn't controlled.

Over a proper weight limit? huh So I guess you don't try to set really high PRs?

No, I don't I'm not trying to bulk up nor injure myself.
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    Women who don't respect others in a sauna room to speak at a normal decidable and or never stop talking (yelling) :/
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    Women who purposely try to walk around to get the guys to notice them sexually.
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    to be honest life is too short to worry - go in, work out, get out - simples lol
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    People who radically drop weights once their finished, making a loud Bang and making everyone quickly turn heads. I always worry someone's going to get hurt. : /

What if the weight is heavy? Am I supposed to risk injury to let it down slowly and silently?
    You're risking injury by stacking/ trying to go too over a proper weight limit. No ones asking for it to be slowly but the point of lifting is to have control and dropping it like a shot put isn't controlled.

Over a proper weight limit? huh So I guess you don't try to set really high PRs?

I don't think you're really experienced enough to comment on the matter to be frank.....
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I don't think you're really experienced enough to comment on the matter to be frank.....

I laughed when I read that. More misguided information because people who cut don't care about PRs or lifting heavy for people who only bulk. Or the fact that you injure yourself trying to do a PR. So much wrong in one sentence its crazy.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Better yet lets make a thread complaining about work. At least that is something that is harder to change than a gym membership.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    to be honest life is too short to worry - go in, work out, get out - simples lol

<3

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    The guys who burst into the sauna, poored his water bottle over his head and shook out like a sheepdog spraying everyone, then rushing out exclaiming "Jeez it's too hot in here!".

I think he was a little butthurt as the room exploded in laughter when he left.
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    sit and stare on the equiptment directly infront of you grrr
    why are you staring at it, it aint going to move by itself hun lol

• Tialuna18
    Options
    People are taking what I'm saying far to heart.. : /
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Nah, just pointing out that you can't make a generalization based off something not being in line with your specific goals.
  • Tialuna18
    Options

Nah, just pointing out that you can't make a generalization based off something not being in line with your specific goals.
    If you can understand what I mean like when young guys typically who don't seem to have the body structure to be taking on such a high level of weight who are clearly struggling manage to do maybe 8 reps and they allow their weights to just smash on the ground?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

If you can understand what I mean like when young guys typically who don't seem to have the body structure to be taking on such a high level of weight who are clearly struggling manage to do maybe 8 reps and they allow their weights to just smash on the ground?

because you shouldn't workout unless you're going to do 10-12 reps, right?