Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    The main thing I hate at my gym is the creepy old dude that works there that stares at me. He is also handicapped (so I feel bad) so I can hear his crutches following me wherever I go. His only saving grace is that I know I could take him down if he ever tried to make an unwanted move.
    Haha!
    There's a 90 year old at mine who always walks up and tells me "looking good" and then places his hand in an almost inappropriate place.

When I'm 90, I may do the same thing to some young stud though, so who am I to judge?
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Old men that come to the gym to specifically hit on the younger gals. :s

There is an older guy who goes to my gym who literally does this. I always wondered why there arent any young female at my gym.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    ski709 wrote: »
    The guys that walk around naked in the locker room having conversations with other naked guys. Usually one of them has a leg up on the bench letting all their *kitten* dangle. Can't un-see some things.

Guys who look at my dick in the locker room.

Women who walk around for like 5 minutes with no bra on while their boobs are grazing the floor.

I wish more women went naked/topless in my locker room so I wouldn't have that teeny tiny amount of dubiousness I feel about myself going topless while getting ready.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    The main thing I hate at my gym is the creepy old dude that works there that stares at me. He is also handicapped (so I feel bad) so I can hear his crutches following me wherever I go. His only saving grace is that I know I could take him down if he ever tried to make an unwanted move.
    Haha!
    There's a 90 year old at mine who always walks up and tells me "looking good" and then places his hand in an almost inappropriate place.

When I'm 90, I may do the same thing to some young stud though, so who am I to judge?

right?! haha. They're obviously not a threat just a bit unnerving. I always find where he is so when I bend over to stretch my *kitten* is not facing towards him, lol.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    The best was that I wanted to use a machine and I had to wake the guy up. He took a break and fell asleep on the machine.
  • nanaoftwo0614
    nanaoftwo0614 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    For me nothing really grinds my gears at the gym. I have been going way too long to have trivial issues matter to me at the gym.

I agree with you. If I hated everything about the gym or parts of it, I wouldn't go. I don't want to waste my time hating on somebody when they are going to continue doing what they are doing. I do my thing and get out.
  • tschlach
    tschlach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    People that slam/throw down free weights

Hate that also. If you can't lift that much and put it down with ease don't lift.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    For me nothing really grinds my gears at the gym. I have been going way too long to have trivial issues matter to me at the gym.

I agree with you. If I hated everything about the gym or parts of it, I wouldn't go. I don't want to waste my time hating on somebody when they are going to continue doing what they are doing. I do my thing and get out.

Another poster who sums up the thread.
  • 3AAnn3
    Options
    Not when someone lets you work in. I mean when someone clings dearly do the machine in between his 10 sets

I mean if you want to deload plates....

I'd rather have you deload them, honestly
  • 3AAnn3
    Options

Agree, if I was legitimately furious, I probably wouldn't go. You've got to let it roll of your back. People at the gym are just like people anywhere else you might go.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    tschlach wrote: »
    People that slam/throw down free weights

Hate that also. If you can't lift that much and put it down with ease don't lift.

You should tell the lifter that.
  • josiemead
    josiemead Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty lucky in that my gym is small and local, but i purposely avoid going at peak times (i.e. evenings) because of all the 'bro'/'lads' who go to the gym in groups of 5-10 and stand about talking and leering, taking 15 minute rests between sets and taking up loads of room and equipment in such a small gym.
    we also get a lot of school kids coming in cos the lower age limit is only like, 15 (too low, IMO). they either stand around a lot and don't know what to do with themselves, or try to copy what you're doing and end up using bad form/overfacing themselves
    but #1 HATRED is people not reracking their plates from the leg press/calf raise. especially as it always seems to be the 50kg plates which i can't lift from that angle without hurting myself.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

nothowitworks.gif

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Not when someone lets you work in. I mean when someone clings dearly do the machine in between his 10 sets

Why would I deload the plates if you want to work in?

There are people at my gym who squat 600+ for reps. I'm not going to ask them to deload and reload those plates after every set. If it's someone working around my same range, sure... I don't care.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

nothowitworks.gif

This might be the funniest thread I have read in a while.

• 3AAnn3
    Options

There are people at my gym who squat 600+ for reps. I'm not going to ask them to deload and reload those plates after every set. If it's someone working around my same range, sure... I don't care.

Kind of joking... The machines I'm talking about have been cables, so I don't need anyone to change the weight for me. But if you are working in with me then you should definitely unload the plates.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Kind of joking... The machines I'm talking about have been cables, so I don't need anyone to change the weight for me. But if you are working in with me then you should definitely unload the plates.

Well... that's different and way easier. You're pulling and reinserting a pin... a lot less time and energy.

Touche in regards to that type of machine, or anythings else that isn't a PITA to swap around fast and easy.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    People occupying at the machines while typing into their IPhones.
  • 3AAnn3
    Options
    There's an older man at my gym that does an exercise where he uses the cables from both sides and he holds onto them between sets so no one can work in. It seems like 10 minutes he hogs the machines - every time I'm there. And he rests quite a bit in between sets. In all fairness, I've never asked him If I can work in.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of people who go to the gym just to pick at things they don't like about people who go to the gym. You know the kind I'm talking about. They're the people staring at everyone with a scowl on their faces instead of paying attention to what they're doing. I usually don't notice them until I hear them complaining to each other about someone's shorts being too short, or they're sitting on a bench I want to use texting MFP about how they just saw some guy drop a loaded barbell and it annoyed them.